Is it safe to bank?

bigmacwrap

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe to use banking apps after you jailbreak? I use chase,american express, boa, and discover and was thinking about jail breaking with greenposi0n, but wanted to make sure it was safe, and that someone couldnt access my information. Thanks in advance!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How would someone be able to access your information?? You're jailrbeaking, not installing malware or anything. Don't use SSH turn it off, you'll be fine, you're worrying over nothing, chill out, calm down, continue as you mormally would....AKA dont' worry! ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i have had the same paranoia. i would probably look into at least changing your root & mobile passwords on the device

personally, i simply try to keep any type of banking to a minimum on the device and wait until i get to my laptop/desktop

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if OpenSSH is not installed, then there is no need to disable it because for the device to be accessed through SSH, OpenSSH needs to be on the phone.

I personally don't have OpenSSH installed, but I still change my root and mobile passwords anyway.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if OpenSSH is not installed, then there is no need to disable it because for the device to be accessed through SSH, OpenSSH needs to be on the phone.

I personally don't have OpenSSH installed, but I still change my root and mobile passwords anyway.

Yes you're correct no OpenSSH means no connection to the device via SSH. How can you bank on the tiny phone screen anyway?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you guys but my bank account has such a small amount it's not worth worrying about it :D

And I would have to agree with what was already said: jailbreaking in itself doesn't make your device any more or less vulnerable. Just make sure you know what you are installing from Cydia.

AdityaSinha

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey! I recently downloaded HDFC’s mobile banking app, It seems very interactive but is it safe to do banking transaction through an iPhone app? I am wondering if am putting my bank account at risk. Plz, suggest...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey! I recently downloaded HDFC’s mobile banking app, It seems very interactive but is it safe to do banking transaction through an iPhone app? I am wondering if am putting my bank account at risk. Plz, suggest...

wasn't this question asked in like, um, Post #1 above???

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The answer for me is no it's not safe. Jailbreaking aside... Considering I would never bank from any phone or computer. Sure data might be encrypted or go through a VPN but it is inherently insecure.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The answer for me is no it's not safe. Jailbreaking aside... Considering I would never bank from any phone or computer. Sure data might be encrypted or go through a VPN but it is inherently insecure.

Do you use your card to get gas from the pump? In ATMs? To pay for meals?

If so, you're not being any "safer."

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it safe to use banking apps after you jailbreak? I use chase,american express, boa, and discover and was thinking about jail breaking with greenposi0n, but wanted to make sure it was safe, and that someone couldnt access my information. Thanks in advance!

I use my bank's app and my Capital One app to make payments all the time. I don't have any problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2