Ever help a stranger Jailbreak?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had the good luck of sitting beside a guy on the train in to work who had his MBP out connected to his iPhone. I got my phone out to check something and he took one look at the custom lockscreen and resulting theme and asked me if I could help him JB his phone which is what he was attempting to do. He unfortunately couldn't get the phone into DFU mode and had gotten the phone sort of stuck in a boot mode with the Apple logo. The phone was empty so I actually grabbed my laptop and instead restored from an ipsw and boom his phone was ready to rock and roll. I showed him how to use pwnage tool, where he could get it and told him about a couple of sites with information including tipb. It was pretty cool helping out a stranger but also to introduce them to the darkside :D So have you ever helped a stranger? lets hear your story.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the good luck of sitting beside a guy on the train in to work who had his MBP out connected to his iPhone. I got my phone out to check something and he took one look at the custom lockscreen and resulting theme and asked me if I could help him JB his phone which is what he was attempting to do. He unfortunately couldn't get the phone into DFU mode and had gotten the phone sort of stuck in a boot mode with the Apple logo. The phone was empty so I actually grabbed my laptop and instead restored from an ipsw and boom his phone was ready to rock and roll. I showed him how to use pwnage tool, where he could get it and told him about a couple of sites with information including tipb. It was pretty cool helping out a stranger but also to introduce them to the darkside :D So have you ever helped a stranger? lets hear your story.

I did not help a stranger, but I did spend a considerable amount of time and drank a half-bottle of Scotch helping my buddy JB his ViP4 Sunday night! His phone refused to go into DFU mode, took many tries, but we finally got it. You should have seen his face when the phone went into recovery mode the 1st time and would not power up again. :p

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I helped a professor in a 4 day tech class I went to last week JB his 3Gs. It was stuck in DFU and was lost without his phone. First I got it back up and running for him, then I asked if he wanted it freed. He said sure and 5 minutes later he had his working and JB'd phone back.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
In my office, I think I have jb over 10 idevices over the last 3 weeks (since GP untethered). I enjoy jb people's idevices. But I have found thats its important that they already have an understanding of their device. Once they are familiar with it, they will be bound to have something they wish they could change/alter. Thats when a jb comes into play.

Everyone's big fear is that they are gonna "brick" their device. (I hate that word brick). After a while you realize, it can always be fixed!

I remember the first time I jb(Pwnage Tool ) my iphone 3g that I bought out of contract..!!!! Beads of sweat pouring over my brow...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I did not help a stranger, but I did spend a considerable amount of time and drank a half-bottle of Scotch helping my buddy JB his ViP4 Sunday night! His phone refused to go into DFU mode, took many tries, but we finally got it. You should have seen his face when the phone went into recovery mode the 1st time and would not power up again. :p

scotch FTW :D Sweet stories man good to hear you guys helping out. I agree Woody it's always best when they know something about JB. LOL the beads of sweat comment made me laugh.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW