Unlocking! Jailbroken? Bricked/Stuck In Recovery

FrostedDarkness

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so you've got bricked?
1.) Hold down home and power button
2.) At the same time, press restore in iTunes.

You've got stuck in recovery mode?
1.) Google 'RecBoot'
2.) Download the zip that is hosted under a file sharing site.
3.) Download, extract.
4.) Create a shortcut to the recboot executable on your desktop.
5.) CONNECT YOUR iOS DEVICE
6.) Click the Kick out of recovery mode option.
7.) Wait
8.) Done

P.S. I cried the first time my iPod got bricked. Don't, read.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There's a huge difference between getting stuck in recovery mode or DFU and being bricked. The first two can be recovered - the third can't.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's too bad too many n00bs use "Bricked" when they don't really understand things. The fact that you're asking for help to get the device working again means it's not Bricked LOL. Since the first gen iPhone it has been virtually impossible to brick the iDevices.

Reactions: BLiNK

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It's too bad too many n00bs use "Bricked" when they don't really understand things. The fact that you're asking for help to get the device working again means it's not Bricked LOL. Since the first gen iPhone it has been virtually impossible to brick the iDevices.

agreed.. i think that term has taken on a new meaning as of late.. meaning; "bricked" nowadays is not what it use to mean.. haha

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No. Bricked has always meant bricked. It's just that a lot of noobs think their phone is bricked, when it's really just "stuck."

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
FrostedDarkness - I actually do think that was a helpful post. To most newbies, "bricked" just means that it doesn't work (they also think DFU mode means "done effed up" mode) ;)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, create a reply with the definitions if them all.

LOL wont work, look at the stickies at the top of every forum and yet you still get the same questions which the sticky answers. If you put up a post with the meaning of things you'll just end up referring to the thread a million times a day. I don't mind helping people out even when I know it was answered in the sticky but after a couple dozen times putting the same answer I just kind of call it a day at that point.

Brick - Big, Heavy and used to break windows.

And that's windows not Windows :p

rpmstl

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Here is what always has worked for me over the last couple of generations:

If you are apparently in a locked up state, do nothing. Give it 5 more minutes and most of the time it will boot.

If the 'do nothing' fix does nothing, try this:

1. Plug into USB.
2. Wait 30 seconds or so.
3. Hold down the sleep and home buttons simultaneously for a very long time. Keep holding. When you see the apple, let go of both buttons.

edit: Forgot to reiterate the above sentiment - a brick is a brick. Get the terminology right. In my years as an i-er, I have not heard of a single verified story of a truely bricked phone that did not have hardware issues, eg) My iphone is bricked, oh ya, before I jailbroke, I dropped it from a 5 story building into a swimming pool and dried it in my oven - Geohot ruined my phone!!!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2