Hello,
    My friend is sending me an iphone 3gs this week without any contract from AT&T. I do not want to pay for the iphone data charges. I want to use the nonsmartphone data plan that is $15 dollars. Is this possible in terms of unlocking the iphone and other methods?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
    02-22-2011 12:06 PM
    AT&T has a data plan that is $15.
    02-22-2011 12:15 PM
    I was wondering if there is a way to use the DATA UNLIMITED FOR NON-SMARTPHONES for $15 for an iphone. I heard that you can use that instead for the iphone data plan if you get the DATA UNLIMITED FOR NON-SMARTPHONES on an old att phone. Then you insert that SIM card into the unlocked iphone. I was wondering if this is possible.
    Last edited by ypclutch; 02-22-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    02-22-2011 12:30 PM
    No you cant. AT&T will flag it and add the data for you, the 25 dollar plan at that. I've seen two instances in two years where it wasnt added immediatly.
    02-22-2011 12:47 PM
    Yes. I have heard on several accounts that they only threaten to charge you via text message and do not actually put the charges on for you. Have you ever heard of that.
    02-22-2011 01:01 PM
    They used to threaten with text message and email (I used what was known as MediaNet unlimited for almost 2 years before I switched to official iPhone Data plan). But since the new tiered data plans came out, they just automatically put the $25 data plan on your account. Even if you put your SIM card in an iPhone for only a few minutes and change it back.
    02-22-2011 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD