does anyone use this? how effective is it in conserving battery life?
    02-22-2011 11:14 AM
    Maybe for the 3GS, but the iPhone battery life is spectacular. I like as little running in the background as possible, so I didn't bother installing it on my i4
    02-22-2011 12:03 PM
    Maybe for the 3GS, but the iPhone battery life is spectacular. I like as little running in the background as possible, so I didn't bother installing it on my i4
    And you have been lasting full days no charge right? I figured that was the case, I was just making sure.
    02-22-2011 12:17 PM
    Are you having battery issues? ^^^ what's your battery life like?
    02-22-2011 12:31 PM
    Not necessarily. I always had good battery life, be it that I used to leave my phone on edge and then wifi when I get home. But I feel like I have been cheating myself by having a 3G phone and not taking advantage of the 3G. So now I want to use 3G when I'm out, but i was a little fearful that it would DRASTICALLY drain my battery. I also have 3 push email accounts on my phone, but I don't receive that many emails a day (convenience). Side question: Does anyone know if my phone is connected to a wifi network, which data service it uses during a phone call?
    02-22-2011 12:41 PM
    I would say give the 3G a try, you pay for it, if you notice battery drain then try changing settings to conserve battery power. If you have 3 push emails but don't receive emails alot you might increase the interval that it checks. You might also when you're on 3G turn off push or disable one of your emails. When you are in Wifi I believe the phone is supposed to use Wifi because it is faster but I've heard that it's not as efficient at switching and sometimes it will stay on the 3G. You could just turn the 3G off when you're in Wifi so that you don't have two power sucking receivers going.
    02-22-2011 01:08 PM
    Do the push emails really effect battery life contrary to interval emails? Because I'm hearing mixed reviews. I heard that if you don't receive that many emails a day, push will save you battery life as opposed to having it set to a time interval in which it will check and there can be that possibility that there are emails to be found.
    02-22-2011 01:32 PM
    Do the push emails really effect battery life contrary to interval emails? Because I'm hearing mixed reviews. I heard that if you don't receive that many emails a day, push will save you battery life as opposed to having it set to a time interval in which it will check and there can be that possibility that there are emails to be found.
    It does, but not as much as you'd expect. I have 3 push exchange accounts, 7 email accounts total. Probably receive a little over 50-75 emails per day. Along with normal texting and talking and web surfting And By the time I get in my car to head back home. I still have between 50 and 33 percent battery life. With my 3GS, I had to start looking for a charger by lunch time.
    02-22-2011 03:02 PM
    this is all on 3G?
    02-22-2011 03:20 PM
    i'd be curious to hear from an iP4 user that uses this with positive results

i'm a battery *****.. so i would have no problem making the purchase
    02-22-2011 03:55 PM
    i'd be curious to hear from an iP4 user that uses this with positive results

i'm a battery *****.. so i would have no problem making the purchase
    Same here LOL! I want to know if it is actually effective.
    02-22-2011 03:58 PM
    here's an interesting thread i found about it with the iPhone 4: Anyone Try Auto3G App from Cydia? - iPhone Forum

ran across other threads where most people were complaining about the price and how they could do the same thing with sbsettings (which is true but it has to be done manually-EVERYTIME) that's the whole idea this tweak, it does it for you behind the scenes

i'm about a few more positive posts/threads away from just buying the damn thing myself. i'm not afraid to spend the money as long as it works. i have wasted money on all sorts of things in my life.. this will not break me
    02-22-2011 04:44 PM
    i'm about a few more positive posts/threads away from just buying the damn thing myself. i'm not afraid to spend the money as long as it works. i have wasted money on all sorts of things in my life.. this will not break me
    If only everyone was logical like this pirating wouldn't exist. An app costs 2.99 oh hell no that's too much gotta pirate it. Meanwhile I smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a week. Hmmmmmm seems pretty screwed logically.
    02-22-2011 07:46 PM
    So wait a minute,your saying that the 3G service is whats killing my batt life??I have been playing pretty serious on cydia and whatnot to get it where i want it,but i get about eight hours of time b4 i need to plug it in.
    02-23-2011 01:39 PM
    bad news; due to the Edge interference on speaker systems i doubt i will be purchasing this
    02-25-2011 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD