Ok guys and gals I need a complete and slow tut on how to ssh with iphone explorer and windows(or a link to one).I have the phone jailbroken,openSSH,and iphone explorer.I have watched all the vids on Youtube,and most are using mac with cyberduck.The ones that arn't are using wifi to do it wirelessly,I have neither avalible to me so this is what i have to work with.I can open all the files on the phone but not sure what to start changing without doing more harm than good.I am completly new to the iphone scene(have always played BB,but the wife brought these verizon iphone4s home and after getting it jailbroken and adding a few good apps i'm hooked.I just want some really custom Icons and to change the text ringtones to what ever i want.Thanks a bunch from a new guy dieing to learn the jedi ways!
    02-21-2011 04:39 PM
    02-21-2011 05:16 PM
    Thanks,i can axcess the phone and what not but not sure how to change the aifs,cafs,pngs and to what i am supposed to change them to to make them work right.Is there a list some where as to what they all mean and what should be at the end of a icon persay?I have read all the stickyes and am still lost.someone with exp plz help!also i have no wifi at work which is where i'm trying to make the changes,so i have to use a plugged in ap such as iphone explorer.
    Last edited by jaywiz; 02-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    02-22-2011 09:57 AM
    You're going to have to do a bit of searching and a bit of reading in the forums to learn alot more. We can't explain everything it would take alot of explaining. So here's some stuff to get you started

SMS Tones - http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ones-free.html

Icons, themes, OpenSSH - Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Make and use themes with WinterBoard

You can try iPhone Explorer but in my experience it doesn't show the whole file system in iOS 4 like it used to on the iPhone. Funny enough it does show it properly on iPad don't know why that is. You'll have more access SSHing into the phone just make sure you change the passwords like in the tutorials. You can use any FTP program to SSH into your phone. On Windows you might want to try Firefox browser with the FireFTP add-in which is free. If you do get iPhone explorer to work then you don't need to use OpenSSH because iPhone Explorer allows you access to the file system via the USB cable. So for example I have OpenSSH on my iPhone because iPhone Explorer doesn't work for me. However on my iPad it does so my iPad doesn't have OpenSSH on it. Also remember when you have OpenSSH on your phone you need SBSettings and make sure you turn OpenSSH off when you're done using it. It drains your battery while it's on and it also leaves your phone open to connections even though you might have a nice strong password.

Just remembered another warning don't delete any files from the phone system if you want to disable it rename the file and then upload your version with the same name. You can also download the phone version to your computer as backup and then overwrite the file on the phone with your own version as long as you have that backup!
    02-22-2011 10:22 AM
    the no wifi is what is killing me!with iphone explorer i can open everything but not able to change anything,I have been able to add one file to themes in winterboard that shows up on the phone,but not able to even change the name of that file?

I read both the above stickeys b4 i started asking questions but i cant seem to get them to work.
    02-22-2011 11:26 AM
    iPhone Explorer wont do anything with Wifi unless it is different from the Mac version. It makes the changes via the USB cable. However it is able to make changes just in a different way. If you want to rename a file you click on it and it should become editable. OK so let me run through it for you then and you can see if you followed these steps. Then you can tell me exactly what your phone wont do.

Phone:
    Install OpenSSH
    Install SBSettings to turn OpenSSH on and off
    Change the passwords

Computer
    Install FTP program

Go into the settings of your phone and find out the Wifi address assigned to the phone via Wifi. You go to Wifi and click the little blue arrow to the right of the connection you're on. You will see IP Address, enter this in the FTP program on your computer and make sure it's set to SFTP(Secure FTP) and then connect some ask you for the password when you connect and others ask before.
    02-22-2011 12:37 PM
    That is why i have to use the iphone explorer.There isn't a wifi network for my phone to connect to!!I go into settings then to wifi(which is on),and below it(the phone)says other under choose a network.It doesn't give me a list of networks to join to get a ip address.In the sbsettings box where it says ip address it reads N/A.

So now that the fact that there is no wifi avalible for me to use is clear,Please help me figure out how to use iphone explorer(with the usb cable)to do what i want to do.

I want to chang the tones for sms messages and some of the icons.Where do i find the icons in the root of the phone,and what process is used to change small pics into useable icons for the phone.what suffex should they be when i'm finnished with them?
    02-23-2011 09:01 AM
    I want to chang the tones for sms messages and some of the icons.Where do i find the icons in the root of the phone,and what process is used to change small pics into useable icons for the phone.what suffex should they be when i'm finnished with them?
    Do you know how to use the forum search tool? Google? I learned to do exactly what you want to do by searching the forum and using Google.(and iPhone explorer and a cable)

Good Luck!
    02-23-2011 01:43 PM
    ,Please help me figure out how to use iphone explorer(with the usb cable)to do what i want to do.
    iPhone Folders <<< try this
    02-23-2011 02:00 PM
    thanks blink
    02-23-2011 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD