Just curious how accurate is the standby info on the phone? Ive just jailbreaked the phone with the final version of gp and after a full charge and unplugged its saying 18 minutes standby? I doubt thats accurate but just wondering what everyones elses standby is at.

Thanks
    02-19-2011 09:35 PM
    I'm not following you here? Unless I'm incorrect standby tells you how long your phone has been in standy on the battery charge or since the last time it was plugged in to the USB cable. It doesn't calculate how long the phone will last on standby. So from what you wrote that's telling me that your phone has been on standby for the past 18 minutes. The next time you go in that number should have updated to a longer time frame.
    02-20-2011 01:18 AM
    Make sure you reset the statistics and see if that helps.

Settings>General>Usage> Bam right there
    02-21-2011 07:57 AM
    I'm not following you here? Unless I'm incorrect standby tells you how long your phone has been in standy on the battery charge or since the last time it was plugged in to the USB cable. It doesn't calculate how long the phone will last on standby. So from what you wrote that's telling me that your phone has been on standby for the past 18 minutes. The next time you go in that number should have updated to a longer time frame.
    Thanks for the response. Actually I think I was freaking myself out after I jb'd it. You are correct it shows the time on standby as a total. I thought it was the opposite where it would show you how much standby time you have.

Sorry just me being paranoid.
    02-22-2011 01:17 PM
    Make sure you reset the statistics and see if that helps.

Settings>General>Usage> Bam right there
    yea Ive tried that. In the previous post I was a little confused and paranoid. But Im good now.
    02-22-2011 01:18 PM
    mine just says - for both usage and standby it also always charging down below.
    anyone have the same,or is mine just F#*ked up?
    02-23-2011 12:32 PM
    mine just says - for both usage and standby it also always charging down below.
    anyone have the same,or is mine just F#*ked up?
    Mine, too... this is what I see... and I charge it every night... so it has been "fully charged"...
    Last edited by Fausty82; 07-06-2011 at 08:20 PM.
    02-23-2011 01:05 PM
    Mine, too... this is what I see... and I charge it every night... so it has been "fully charged"...
    It reached 100% when you charged it? Otherwise I don't think it'll start counting.
    02-23-2011 01:34 PM
    I can't say for absolutely positive... but I do charge it over night... plug it in when I go to bed, unplug it when I get up... would seem so... maybe I'll have to verify next time... or stick it on the charger now and watch it...

Interestingly, there was a thread about someone who used a clock app (same one I use) and the phone only charging to 95%... I remember specifically checking that at that time (a couple of weeks back)... but who knows... it could be that, I guess... charging now...
    02-23-2011 01:45 PM
    i believe as soon as you respring your device, at anytime, it will not show you usage and you will have to charge to 100% again for it to reset

hence is the reason why i can never see my actual usage in a day due to me at least doing 1 repsring a day for whatever reason
    02-23-2011 01:45 PM
    copy that...

How do you manage on only one respring per day?
    02-23-2011 01:51 PM
    copy that...

How do you manage on only one respring per day?
    haha, ok i lied.. probably more like 10-12
    02-23-2011 01:52 PM
    i believe as soon as you respring your device, at anytime, it will not show you usage and you will have to charge to 100% again for it to reset

hence is the reason why i can never see my actual usage in a day due to me at least doing 1 repsring a day for whatever reason
    Just tried it and confirmed. Respring does reset the counter.
    02-23-2011 01:52 PM
    haha, ok i lied.. probably more like 10-12
    If you push hard enough, the truth always comes out.
    BLiNK likes this.
    02-23-2011 01:54 PM
    Why are you guys respringing so much? lol
    02-23-2011 01:55 PM
    why are you guys respringing so much? Lol
    ocd?
    02-23-2011 01:57 PM
    ocd?
    Good answer lol. We're off topic now haha
    02-23-2011 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD