Tethered jb Plz help!!!

neilmaken

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
i have a 3gs on 4.1 tethered jailbreak n unlock..i turned it off accidentally and now it wont go past the apple logo..windows or itunes wont detect it..i tried to restore but it tries to force me to update the firmware..i have pictures n contacts on the phone that i havent backed up! :( is there any way i can get my data back??

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
try to put the device into DFU mode. follow all the same steps as IF the device were turned off (from that point on)

then make sure you select "tethered reboot"..

Reactions: neilmaken

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If it's tethered you need to boot the phone with whichever tool you used to JB it. So like BLiNK said put the phone into DFU mode and if you used Redsn0w run it and choose boot tethered and Voila. If you're worried about your unlock there is an updated pwnage tool that JB 4.2 and allows you to keep your baseband for the unlock. I also heard Sn0wbreeze 2.2 has been updated but don't know if that will keep the baseband or if it's just like Greenpois0n.

Reactions: neilmaken

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
no problem. please tell me that you resolved this before your response..

if i was without my iPhone for this long i'd have to be admitted somewhere haha :D

neilmaken

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
another problem guys..im trying to restore it to a custom ipsw from snowbreeze bt if i put it into dfu and try to restore it gives me error 1600 and if i let itunes put it to dfu it gives me error 21 :confused:

neilmaken

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
updating the ireb worked! THANKS A BUNCH!!! :D its jailbroken n unlocked on 4.2.1 and baseband 6.15..
one more thing..cydia says it needs to upgrade bt when i try to do that it says "h**p://apt.saurik.com NetDB: open nodename nor servnameprovided, or not known" and doesnt upgrade..any idea wat thats about??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2