Need to take my iphone back to apple for some battery issues only had it jailbroken for a day just restored factory settings on itunes so ALL traces of jailbreaking will be erased off of my phone? Im nervous to take it into apple tonight if there is a way they can know
    02-17-2011 04:02 PM
    If you click restore in iTunes (unless you changed your baseband, in which case I don't think iTunes would even restore), it will wipe out any and all traces of you ever being jailbroken. Their machines will not detect it.
    02-17-2011 04:19 PM
    JB'ing does not void warranties. Ive exchanged a 3GS while Jailbroken before at the Genius Bar. Just if you bricked your phone due to Jailbreaking and if it cant be restored, then your screwed.
    02-17-2011 05:19 PM
    JB'ing does not void warranties. Ive exchanged a 3GS while Jailbroken before at the Genius Bar. Just if you bricked your phone due to Jailbreaking and if it cant be restored, then your screwed.
    Not all the time. My wife's iphone 4 was stuck pulling a bunch of itunes errors and tinyumbrella was not helping. I took her jb'n "brick" into apple store and they plugged it in to their equipment and handed it back to me 10 minutes later restored. No bubbles no troubles!

But I dont think they can ever really be "bricked". My o2
    02-17-2011 06:15 PM
    jailbreak is just a software, it won't be discovered as soon as you are smart enought to restore it
    02-18-2011 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD