File Deletion

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
While following directions from a U-Tube video about changing the "slide to unlock" feature(changing the words), i accidentally deleted a file from Springboard.Strings. Is there any way to get it back into the iPhone4, or will i have to unjailbreak by hitting "restore" on my Mac in iTunes? The phone works fine, but it doesn't say "slide to unlock" anymore. It is blank!:confused:

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
While following directions from a U-Tube video about changing the "slide to unlock" feature(changing the words), i accidentally deleted a file from Springboard.Strings. Is there any way to get it back into the iPhone4, or will i have to unjailbreak by hitting "restore" on my Mac in iTunes? The phone works fine, but it doesn't say "slide to unlock" anymore. It is blank!:confused:

You probably have to restore to get it back.

Reactions: anon(631531)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
can you PM me which file you deleted I'm I'll check to see if I can find mine and send it to you. I'm sure the file is the same and if you're going to restore might as well try this first.

Also warning to anyone before you alter any file you should either do like I do and upload a backup copy via SSH to your computer or instead of deleting it just rename it.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
can you PM me which file you deleted I'm I'll check to see if I can find mine and send it to you. I'm sure the file is the same and if you're going to restore might as well try this first.

Also warning to anyone before you alter any file you should either do like I do and upload a backup copy via SSH to your computer or instead of deleting it just rename it.

Here's the file name and the directory. SpringBoard.strings /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.Iproj You'll have to give me instructions on getting it back into the phone, and making a back-up copy using SSH. Just to let you know, i have a Mac. Just one more question....If i have to do a restore, when i jailbreak again, will i have to reload everything that i have in Cydia, or can i make a back-up file for that too? Thanks for your help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I sent you a PM with my email address, send me a test email so I have your address to reply to with the file. Go to the Jailbreak Forum and look for the sticky about Creating your own theme. On the first page there is a link and it tells you about installing OpenSSH on your phone, changing the password and then SSHing into your phone filesystem. I use Cyberduck on the Mac but any FTP client will work. I'll grab the file right now and email it to myself that way I can just forward it to you later when you email me. I'm not taking my laptop home tonight.

If you restore or upgrade you will lose your JB and along with it the apps and customizations. You can backup all your themes by SSHing into the phone and downloading copies to your computer. There are also programs for backing up your apps and stuff in Cydia but I've never used it so can't say what they are just do a search for AptBackup I think it's called.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711