Hi, I have a question regarding Cydia. More specifically why apps and programs, like SBSettings install, but are not visible. This seems to be the case across the board. I Jailbroke the phone with GreenPOsion and everything "seemed" to be ok, except Cydia. Thanks again,
    Guy
    02-16-2011 02:02 AM
    Some jailbreak "apps", like sbsettings, don't have springboard icons. Look in the settings app for configuring them.
    02-16-2011 06:15 AM
    SBSettings "usually" creates a swipe down menu and enable jailbroken apps to be visible in settings. That is not the case here.
    02-16-2011 10:13 AM
    I'm assuming Cydia installed ok with Loader? I have a vzw iphone on 4.2.6 and Cydia is working just as well as it did on my AT&T 3GS (faster, of course
    02-16-2011 10:19 AM
    3dguy,
    Trying swiping side to side not down. I had the same issue until I realized you needed to swipe sideways.
    02-16-2011 02:32 PM
    At this point,I would like anything to show up in setting!!! @Thunderkeys, yes everything installed just fine. @Dougkb45 thanks for the suggestion, it's a no go Should I reinstall cydia via redsnow or rejailbreaking with greenposoin? I am able to access winderboard for instance, but nothing applys after the respring.
    02-16-2011 03:10 PM
    3dguy, I can verify green poison does work on the verizon iphone and cydia did load proper for me. I have installed a few apps including sbsettings that work for me. I have read in some of the jailbreak forums that you can re-jailbreak right over your present jailbreak when there is problems with cydia. I am new to to the iphone(previously had a rooted incredible) so theres not much more I can help you with. When you do figure it out please let us know what fixed it. Some one else may benefit from your experience
    Doug
    02-16-2011 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD