http://a.qoid.us/hunnypot.deb
    __

Twitter-junyoure

i haven't tried it but MuscleNerd retweeted it, so i'm assuming it's legit

MuscleNerd (MuscleNerd) on Twitter

junyoure

@comex really did fix the iBooks issue, with a .deb file and you don't even have to restore/re-JB http://a.qoid.us/hunnypot.deb about 3 hours ago via web Retweeted by MuscleNerd and 36 others
    Last edited by BLiNK; 02-16-2011 at 01:58 AM.
    Siro likes this.
    02-16-2011 01:56 AM
    Thank you, installed it using iFile and Dropbox. Works like a charm and no need to re-jailbreak or restore.
    Last edited by Siro; 02-16-2011 at 03:50 AM.
    02-16-2011 02:42 AM
    Well, I've downloaded into the iphone, and i have it in iFile from cydia, but where do i put it or extract it to? Can you give me a quick tutorial.

And does anyone know if theres an way to fix My Verizon App that seems to not work after jailbreak for Verizon Iphone?
    Last edited by Slag; 02-16-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    02-16-2011 04:06 AM
    Download file from above mentioned link and upload it to your Dropbox account via your PC and then open Dropbox application on your iPhone and access the file and there would be a option to open it with iFile. After iFile opens the file execute and let the .deb file do its magic. Then reboot your iPhone and use iBooks with your legitimate purchases from the iBooks store.
    02-16-2011 05:46 AM
    The my verizon app works fine on my jailbroken iPhone - you just can't be on wifi.
    02-16-2011 06:11 AM
    this fix dont work
    02-16-2011 06:28 AM
    i sure could use some help what am i doing wrong
    02-16-2011 07:02 AM
    This deb doesn't install on my Verizon iPhone (4.2.6) - I've notified MuscleNerd and comex on twitter.
    02-16-2011 07:57 AM
    Same here

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk.
    02-16-2011 09:53 AM
    Hunnypot deb file worked for me, Thanks so much for the tip!

This is how I got hunnypot to work for me
    Download hunnypot here

Use a ftp client on your pc to put the deb file on your iDevice.
    Use iFile on your iDevice (downloaded from cydia) to find the hunnypot deb file and open it and choose Installer. Then reboot your iDevice. Enjoy!
    02-16-2011 12:05 PM
    Hunnypot deb file worked for me, Thanks so much for the tip!

This is how I got hunnypot to work for me
    Download hunnypot here

Use a ftp client on your pc to put the deb file on your iDevice.
    Use iFile on your iDevice (downloaded from cydia) to find the hunnypot deb file and open it and choose Installer. Then reboot your iDevice. Enjoy!
    Do you put it in a specific folder or anywhere on the phone is fine?
    02-16-2011 02:39 PM
    I put it in a folder that I knew I would be able to find with iFile. So anyplace should be fine as long as you know where to find it.
    frozinwater likes this.
    02-16-2011 03:40 PM
    I put it in a folder that I knew I would be able to find with iFile. So anyplace should be fine as long as you know where to find it.
    oh ok. Thanks a lot!!
    02-16-2011 03:47 PM
    Got this from another site. Just did it, but haven't tested since I have never bought anything from iBooks...

How To: Fix iBooks on Jailbroken Devices

1) Download the .deb file that Comex released

2) Install the .deb file:

A) Connect your device to your computer you can SSH, or simply use iPhone Explorer, which lets you connect and view the files and folders within your device.

B) Go to the following folder: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and copy in that hunnypot.deb file.

Note that if Cydia and AutoInstall aren't available, you can create them yourself, but it's important to keep in mind that they are case-sensitive.

3) Reboot your device.

4) You're done. You should now be able to read all your purchased books again.
    02-16-2011 04:35 PM
    It works; I installed it using iFile and it ran no problem.
    02-16-2011 04:44 PM
    If it works for you are you on att or vzw

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk.
    02-16-2011 05:02 PM
    Woo Hoo! Thanks to all! It worked for me too.
    02-17-2011 10:21 PM
    Woo, this is helpful to remove the limit
    02-18-2011 09:53 PM
    Via GP Twitter:

@greenpois0n:
    #greenpois0n RC6.1 is now live and includes the iBooks fix
    02-19-2011 04:35 AM
    Via GP Twitter:

@greenpois0n:
    #greenpois0n RC6.1 is now live and includes the iBooks fix
    Still don't work on vzw iPhone
    02-19-2011 08:40 AM
    Buzzdar, perhaps if you provided a little more information about your situation someone could provide some information that would be relevant to you. Like, what kind of phone? Exactly which jailbreak? which ibooks fix are you using and how exactly did you apply it? Just saying "it don't work" doesn't help anyone, as clearly it IS working for many if not most people.
    02-19-2011 11:44 AM
    Just add the repository repo.insanelyi.com in the Sources section of Cydia. Then look for the iBooks Fix in Cydia and install.

You could also run the Greenpois0n RC6.1 over the top of your GP JB.
    Crypton likes this.
    02-19-2011 11:52 AM
    Buzzdar, perhaps if you provided a little more information about your situation someone could provide some information that would be relevant to you. Like, what kind of phone? Exactly which jailbreak? which ibooks fix are you using and how exactly did you apply it? Just saying "it don't work" doesn't help anyone, as clearly it IS working for many if not most people.
    Well the vzw iPhone Gb latest build and all iBooks.
    02-21-2011 11:03 PM
    I have my first iPhone so am fairly new to all of this. From the reading I've done I'm wondering if anyone can verify that iBooks works correctly on their Verizon iPhone after the jailbreak process. There are numerous fixes for the iBooks problem but it appears that none of them seem to be working for the Verizon iPhone.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Is there an effective fix for the iBooks problem that people have successfully used on the Verizon iPhone 4?

Thanks for your help.

Personally I have tried greenpoison 6.1, the Cydia fix, and messed around with the hunnypot file in an attempt to fix things. None of the have worked for me.
    02-23-2011 10:36 AM
    gad are you on a Mac? How new is your phone? I'm not sure if the new pwnage tool is set to work with the ViP but I don't see why not. In that case you could try restoring to a custom ipsw and see if it works. I reloaded my iPad with pwnage tool and iBooks was back to normal.
    02-23-2011 12:02 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD