iBooks Fix [.deb file]

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Buzzdar, perhaps if you provided a little more information about your situation someone could provide some information that would be relevant to you. Like, what kind of phone? Exactly which jailbreak? which ibooks fix are you using and how exactly did you apply it? Just saying "it don't work" doesn't help anyone, as clearly it IS working for many if not most people.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why the hassle?

Just add the repository ?repo.insanelyi.com? in the Sources section of Cydia. Then look for the ?iBooks Fix? in Cydia and install.

You could also run the Greenpois0n RC6.1 over the top of your GP JB.

Reactions: Crypton

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Buzzdar, perhaps if you provided a little more information about your situation someone could provide some information that would be relevant to you. Like, what kind of phone? Exactly which jailbreak? which ibooks fix are you using and how exactly did you apply it? Just saying "it don't work" doesn't help anyone, as clearly it IS working for many if not most people.

Well the vzw iPhone Gb latest build and all iBooks.

gad1976

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 4

I have my first iPhone so am fairly new to all of this. From the reading I've done I'm wondering if anyone can verify that iBooks works correctly on their Verizon iPhone after the jailbreak process. There are numerous fixes for the iBooks problem but it appears that none of them seem to be working for the Verizon iPhone.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Is there an effective fix for the iBooks problem that people have successfully used on the Verizon iPhone 4?

Thanks for your help.

Personally I have tried greenpoison 6.1, the Cydia fix, and messed around with the hunnypot file in an attempt to fix things. None of the have worked for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
gad are you on a Mac? How new is your phone? I'm not sure if the new pwnage tool is set to work with the ViP but I don't see why not. In that case you could try restoring to a custom ipsw and see if it works. I reloaded my iPad with pwnage tool and iBooks was back to normal.

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
At this point in time I will jailbreak w any program as Long as it gets iBooks to work on my vzw iPhone. So everything that should be working is working.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well like I said try JBing with pwnage tool it will reload your device so make sure you back up first. Once the JB is done test iBooks and let us know if it worked for you.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Pwnage Tool is a Mac only tool, it creates custom firmware that's already JBen. So you reload using the custom firmware, it reloads the phone's firmware. You could also look up sn0wbreeze 2.2 which also fixes the iBooks issue.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just add the repository ?repo.insanelyi.com? in the Sources section of Cydia. Then look for the ?iBooks Fix? in Cydia and install.

You could also run the Greenpois0n RC6.1 over the top of your GP JB.

The above mentioned iBooks Fix states clearly that it is not working on Verizon iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73