customizing iPhone

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I would like to do a small amount of customizing to my newly jailbroken iPhone4. How do i remove the wide black bars on the top and bottom of both the lock screen & homescreen? One other thing. I would like to change the little arrow on the "slide to unlock" bar, and replace it with either one of my own Star Wars pictures(i have plenty) or get it through Cydia. I've been researching this, but everything i'm looking for comes in packages with other stuff that i don't need. P.S. Can somebody please tell me what a "plug-in" is. Thanks.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
not sure about the rest as im new to jailbreak as well, but as for the slider thing, just go into cydia and type in, say, star wars sliders and some should come up. i currently have a monster energy slider and thats how i found it. either that or their under themes(lockscreens) i believe.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to do a small amount of customizing to my newly jailbroken iPhone4. How do i remove the wide black bars on the top and bottom of both the lock screen & homescreen? One other thing. I would like to change the little arrow on the "slide to unlock" bar, and replace it with either one of my own Star Wars pictures(i have plenty) or get it through Cydia. I've been researching this, but everything i'm looking for comes in packages with other stuff that i don't need. P.S. Can somebody please tell me what a "plug-in" is. Thanks.

Are you okay with SSHing into your device, or using something like iPhoneBrowser? If so, you can replace the arrow by replacing this file:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/
bottombarknobgray.png

with your Star Wars thing--just make a backup of the original and remember to keep the name the same when you switch in the new one. Or if you have a theme you like, replace the bottombar file in that and then enable the theme. As far as plug-ins go, they're basically just little add-ons to extend a program's functionality...like Lockinfo has no weather forecast built in, but you can get a "weather plug-in" to give you that...

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't know anything about SSHing. I'll have to check a tutorial. Maybe i'll download a Star Wars package, then try to change the wallpaper back to my own, but keep the new slider. My "friend" came over last night to help me with this, and all he did was change the name on the slider from SLIDE TO UNLOCK to AWAY_LOCK_... Something about a program called iFile. Anyway, the phone still works, but i'm not letting him near it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711