I'm on the five day free trial. I guess i won't get the whole "package" until i pay for it.
    02-14-2011 01:52 AM
    Down load there app for pc/mac, which by the way does not work.
    Go here for the work around, look at post 5.

tonefxs
    02-14-2011 10:02 AM
    The ringtones that i made before i jailbroke, and are in iTunes, are also in ToneFX. The problem is that i can't apply them as ringtones to the various catagories that are offered. Right now, i can only use the various ringtones that came with ToneFX. That's why i assumed that i had to buy the app, in order for it to work fully with my own ringtones.
    02-14-2011 10:59 AM
    I came from android so this stuff was(is) still very confusing to me, but in a nutshell, rigntones are ringtones and alerts are alerts - meaning you cant set a ringtone as an alert. You have to convet the ringtone to the alert you want then put the alert on the phone and select it.

Here is a guide that I used - it looks confusing but once you do it its pretty easy.

http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-apps...phone-4-a.html

Heres how I do it - I use the pc tonefxs to create and name the alert, then use winscp to put it in the proper directry(post #5) then select it in tonefxs on the phone as my alert. Works like a charm and well worth the 5 bucks to keep my sanity.
    02-14-2011 11:14 AM
    There's a difference between what is created as a ringtone, and what is to be a tone for other alerts.

You can get a program for your computer called ToneFXs Creator - and that will take an MP3 file, and convert it to what it needs to be in order to be used as an alert sound - and facilitate getting the file to your phone... works great. I got my computer's custom mail sound on my phone now this way.
    02-14-2011 11:15 AM
    Keith, are you on pc or mac? When I use the pc version of tonefxs creator I get an error when I select send to phone. The .caf file is created but I have to manually transfer it to the phone.
    Thanks
    02-14-2011 11:20 AM
    I'm on a mac... Try closing out iTunes and leave the phone connected to the computer when trying to do the transfer to the phone with the Creator. Worked easy and flawless for me.
    02-14-2011 11:28 AM
    I already tried it, still no go. Not a big deal to transfer the files but just looking to get the program to work,
    Thanks
    02-14-2011 11:43 AM
    I'm on a mac... Try closing out iTunes and leave the phone connected to the computer when trying to do the transfer to the phone with the Creator. Worked easy and flawless for me.
    So what you're saying is that the "custom ringtones" that i created before the phone was jailbroken, and are now in ToneFX, still have to be converted over using ToneFXCreator in order for me to apply them to the sound catagories that ToneFX offers?
    02-14-2011 12:14 PM
    So what you're saying is that the "custom ringtones" that i created before the phone was jailbroken, and are now in ToneFX, still have to be converted over using ToneFXCreator in order for me to apply them to the sound catagories that ToneFX offers?
    If you want those as something other than phone ringtones, yes they have to be converted.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    02-14-2011 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD