Personal Hot Spot

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I have just come over from a Droid X that I had rooted, mainly for the purposes of using a free wifi tethering application. Sorry Verizon, I don't think I should have to pay an additional $20 / month for this feature.
Question. Is there an app for a jail broken iPhone (Verizon) that will allow me to have free wifi tethering?

Thanks,

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Its a superb app, and is much better than Barnacle or Wifi tethering were on my Droid X. I had no problems paying the $19.99 one time fee.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I use PDA net as it was free in cydia and wasn't sure how much I would tether. Well so far I have tethered 14 gigs in the last week. I will have to tone it down a bit or AT&T will want to charge me for that even though I have unlimited data plan.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I use PDA net as it was free in cydia and wasn't sure how much I would tether. Well so far I have tethered 14 gigs in the last week. I will have to tone it down a bit or AT&T will want to charge me for that even though I have unlimited data plan.

14GB??? I would consider that excessive, and AT&T might too. Just be careful, because tethering (unless you are paying for it) violates your T&C.

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can Verizon detect if you use the hot spot feature? A friend of mine has the Droid Incredible and uses the hot spot feature and has never been charged.

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten an email or some type of notification from AT&T that they use too much data?
I just bought it and have racked up 130 mb since buying it a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods