What is a Springboard?

How to use a theme? Is there one or two parts to download?

I brought two aps that do not work, can I get a refund? I emailed the author of both aps and only one replied and he didn't answer my question about a refund or even mention a refund. The aps were fast click and camera buttons to turn the volume up button into the camera take picture button as I miss a hard camera button.

Can someone please explain sbsettings to me? I have it.

Also is an easier keyboard to download? The apple keyboard sucks for me! I never had typos before with my other touch screens.

Thanks!

Carlissa
    02-13-2011 06:54 AM
    here is some information i found on the web for you to help out:

SpringBoard is basically the name of the "desktop" of your iPhone or iPod Touch, just like "Explorer" is the name of the one for Windows-based machines, and just like how "Finder" is the name of the one for Mac OS X-based machines.

WinterBoard is just the name of the app that let's you change the way SpringBoard acts and looks.

To open app that you have downloaded (through the App Store or through Cydia/Installer), just find the app in SpringBoard and tap it and it should open*

* How To Use Winterboard *

Winterboard is way to customize your iDevice by putting themes on there*

Some themes are complete, some are for Springboard only, some for Lockscreen. Most themes have screenshots that cam be previewed before you download it.

After installing a theme, go to Winterboard (if you can't find the icon, it is probably being hidden in Settings.app). Select the themes you want and click Back. At the top-left, click respring and after respringing, you should see your theme appear.*

Note: Winterboard uses a hierarchy, whatever theme that is selected and on top will override other themes that conflict with it below. Move the themes up and down in Winterboard to adjust the hierarchy to your needs.

SBSettings Offers Faster Method to Manage iPhone Settings iPhone Hacks
    in regards to the keyboard; you'll get used to it, trust me. before you know it you'll be doing it without even looking. you just have to give it time. do me a favor and come back to this thread a week or two from now and you will have a little chuckle about it haha

feel free to ask more questions. there are a lot of helpful people here
    MrsStraty and Alli like this.
    02-13-2011 08:35 AM
    Thanks Blink, so much! Still trying to figure things out and I am so appreciative of you taking the time to answer all of my questions. As more questions keep popping up as I play around more!

Thanks again!
    02-13-2011 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD