Am I going to be forced to automatically update the os once I sync to iTunes? Sorry for the newnie question but first timer with an iPhone, jailbroken at that! I couldn't go back to the strictness of apples os after jailbreaking!

Thanks!
    Carlissa
    02-13-2011 06:41 AM
    Yes you would lose the jailbreak if you update to 4.3. Hopefully a jailbreak isnt too far away when it comes out. I'm still on 4.1 and still no intention to go to 4.2.1 since some of my jailbreak apps are still no compatible with 4.2.1
    02-13-2011 07:24 AM
    So I don't have to upgrade to 4.3 then?
    02-13-2011 07:40 AM
    So I don't have to upgrade to 4.3 then?
    Nope. You can leave it as is. I was going to go to 4.2.1 but not until my few apps are ready. Plus there was hardly anything apple put in 4.2 from 4.1 for me to upgrade.
    MrsStraty likes this.
    02-13-2011 07:48 AM
    Nope. You can leave it as is. I was going to go to 4.2.1 but not until my few apps are ready. <<snip>>
    That's weird. This was my first JB on the iPhone 4 and I haven't found a single app that I wanted that was not compatible with 4.2.1. I have around 15 apps installed.
    02-13-2011 08:51 AM
    That's weird. This was my first JB on the iPhone 4 and I haven't found a single app that I wanted that was not compatible with 4.2.1. I have around 15 apps installed.
    I am using apps from a while ago. I probably have 60 packages installed. I know for one "Remove Background" doesn't work and it is a very good tweak by just holding the home button and kills all apps in one shot. I use Backgrounder in the back since I run alot of apps in the background. Eventually I will upgrade but in no hurry for it when everything is running perfect.
    02-13-2011 01:21 PM
    You don't HAVE to upgrade when new ones come out. You can just ignore the message. Though if you have to restore your phone for any reason, it will restore with the latest firmware I believe.
    02-13-2011 04:56 PM
    You don't HAVE to upgrade when new ones come out. You can just ignore the message. Though if you have to restore your phone for any reason, it will restore with the latest firmware I believe.
    Thats why it is important for people to save their SHSH blobs with Tinyumbrella. Then when you restore you can go to an iOS version you like if you have the blobs saved. I went to 4.2.1 back when it came out but after a few apps weren't compatible yet I decided to downgrade back to 4.1. So people should read up on this stuff. Tinyumbrella is a very good tool.
    02-13-2011 05:15 PM
    I save my SHSH in Cydia. As previously stated it is VERY important to save your blobs. According to the jailbreaking dev teams all current devices will be able to be jailbroken forever, but there may come a time when it is not an untethered jailbreak, and without your blobs you will not be able to revert to a previous version to get an untethered jailbreak. You should also always read up before upgrading/jailbreaking if you rely on a carrier unlock to run your phone (GSM).
    02-13-2011 09:03 PM
    I am using apps from a while ago. I probably have 60 packages installed. I know for one "Remove Background" doesn't work and it is a very good tweak by just holding the home button and kills all apps in one shot. I use Backgrounder in the back since I run alot of apps in the background. Eventually I will upgrade but in no hurry for it when everything is running perfect.
    Remove Background does work with 4.2.1
    02-14-2011 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD