i have redsn0w tethered jailbreak installed on my 4.2.1 ipod. my question is if i update to the greenpoison untethered jailbreak will all my apps be deleted? and secondly how exactly do i go about doing it... will i have to restore the ipod or will it jb over redsn0w?

another problem ive been having is that itunes keeps removing all the jailbroken apps unless i manually right click and transfer updates

so let me know if theres a way around it or if im doing anything wrong... all my imp cydia files are up to date(app sync etc). the same thing is happening with a friends ipod
    02-10-2011 07:17 PM
    Well, personally - I have OS/jailbreak OCD. So, every time I update my OS or whatever, I always do a complete clean restore, and just restore everything from backup.

So, I don't think you'll have any issue running GP over the redsn0w -- and you shouldn't lose anything since really, the only thing GP is doing is making your current jailbreak untethered. Personally, I wouldn't run that over RS just because I wouldn't want any miscellaneous leftover crap from RS or anything else on my phone.
    bill hyatt likes this.
    02-10-2011 10:20 PM
    another problem ive been having is that itunes keeps removing all the jailbroken apps unless i manually right click and transfer updates
    I'm confused, because iTunes shouldn't even recognize jailbroken apps. App Store apps that you didn't pay for it does recognize, and it removes them because they're stolen. (http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...scussions.html)
    02-10-2011 11:07 PM
    Someone already answered your question, just in the future search and read through a couple threads. There are threads where people sId their experience with using GP over the top of Redsn0w. There are also threads about whether you would lose your apps using GP. So it has all been covered pretty recently.
    02-10-2011 11:42 PM
    tahnks for the replies guys, im new to this so from now on ill search for threads first. also i didnt think my question violated the policy of piracy discussions, ill keep that in mind in the future. thanks again
    02-11-2011 05:28 AM
    Hey no prob I'm glad you got your answer I didn't mean my reply in any way was just kinda telling you to search and read through a couple. Yeah we don't like piracy here, some new users don't know so don't take it to heart but it's good to know the guidlines.
    02-11-2011 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD