FakeClockUp

scaramonga

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you want to make your iPhone or iPod touch faster? Well, A new tweak is released in Cydia using which you can make your iPhone or iPod touch faster. The name of this tweak is FakeClockUp. Once you have installed this tweak on your jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch then it will boost your iPhone or iPod touch. It will let you accelerate the speed of x10 animations on your iPhone or iPod touch such as unlock animation, multitasking transitions, edit-mode icon wobble, SBSettings transitions, spinning progress wheel, safari transitions, mail transitions and more. This tweak will make your iPhone or iPod touch more quick.

YouTube - FakeClockUp: Cydia Tweak To Make Your iPhone/iPod Touch Faster (Virtually)

FakeClockUp is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or later. You should remember you will need to have a jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch in order to install this tweak.

Best tweak ever! Actually works, lol, I had to turn animation down to 1.4 as anything else on iphone 4 is just too fast :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is already fast why do tou need to overclock it if that's what it does? I don't know I'm a little skeptical on this one.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i would like to confirm that this does indeed work. very fast. too fast !

i removed cause i read that, after time, it can decrease the life of the device

i figured i do enough tweaking to my device to worry about already..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK I'm not skptical then but like I said the phone's fast enough for me don't see why I would need this. If it works on a 3G then that's worth it.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha! Got it working and I LOVE it!

It is not an overclocker (does not mess with the processor). It is a graphics accelerator. Speeds up all the animations.

The video explains it really well.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
From everything I can find and read, it's not overclocking the processor. So, it shouldn't harm the device. It appears to 'alter' the way it handles graphical transitions. Once an app is launched, you won't notice difference in how the app functions, except for a few apps like AP Mobile and it's news ticker. You can get that going so fast you can't read it. I'm sure it affects some features in apps, just not sure which ones and where.

I was concerned about battery life, but I've been running it about two weeks and haven't seen any difference at all in battery life. That also tells me it's not overclocking. If it were, I'm sure I'd see a decrease in battery life.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
From everything I can find and read, it's not overclocking the processor. So, it shouldn't harm the device. It appears to 'alter' the way it handles graphical transitions. Once an app is launched, you won't notice difference in how the app functions, except for a few apps like AP Mobile and it's news ticker. You can get that going so fast you can't read it. I'm sure it affects some features in apps, just not sure which ones and where.

I was concerned about battery life, but I've been running it about two weeks and haven't seen any difference at all in battery life. That also tells me it's not overclocking. If it were, I'm sure I'd see a decrease in battery life.

really? i may have to give it a go again

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
really? i may have to give it a go again

I pretty particular about what I install. Once I see either a degradation in performance or battery life, I remove the app. So far, this app has improved performance with no loss of battery life.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I pretty particular about what I install. Once I see either a degradation in performance or battery life, I remove the app. So far, this app has improved performance with no loss of battery life.

how are you set up? iPhone 4? iOS? jailbroken with?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 AT&T, 4.2.1, Greenpoison ( I think I used RC4)

same here except i used RC6 and you're right, it's pretty stable.. battery life has not decreased one bit

currently going back & forth from x 1.4 - x 1.6 ..trying to decide

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
has anyone had issues with being unable to download or update app store apps on the device??

it happened to me. in fact i just got done doing a restore as new/re-JB.. fun times

edit: put it back on, i'm stubborn :D, all is good now..

Last edited:

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
has anyone had issues with being unable to download or update app store apps on the device??

it happened to me. in fact i just got done doing a restore as new/re-JB.. fun times

edit: put it back on, i'm stubborn :D, all is good now..

Haha! Thanks for updating! I came back here expressly to see if you resolved the issue. I have not heard anything bad about this app...yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice