Greenpois0n Question

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Given that 4.3 is due to be released next week this may be a moot point, but I was curious about whether it is possible to jailbreak using greenpois0n without changing the boot logo or doing anything other than just JB the phone? I don't know if it themes anything, but really all I want is the jailbreak and Cydia...I can go from there.

3GS 4.2.1

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The animated bootlogo is removable. But you can jailbreak your 3Gs using Greenpois0n RC5. :)

I knew that you could JB it with Greenpois0n, thanks for the info on the boot logo. Don't really care about having an animated boot (I never reboot my phone unless I absolutely have to anyway).

I'm hoping that the 4.3 untethered JB comes out quickly (much, much faster than the 4.2.1 one did). Not gonna update for a couple of days to see what transpires. I'm not going to JB unless it's untethered, just in case.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
p0sixninja of Chronic-Dev Team already said that Apple patched the exploit in 4.3 that GP used for 4.2.1. So, I wouldn't count on a quick JB for 4.3.

To delete the boot animation, delete animate from the /usr/bin directly then restart.

Reactions: iVenom

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
thats too bad that apple fixed the hole, but what do you expect when the devs are all "We got a hole still ha ha" if i told you i had a way into your house you would double check all your windows right? loose lips sink ship, maybe play it closer to the breast next time its better for all.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
thats too bad that apple fixed the hole, but what do you expect when the devs are all "We got a hole still ha ha" if i told you i had a way into your house you would double check all your windows right? loose lips sink ship, maybe play it closer to the breast next time its better for all.

Even if they kept it more quiet, Apple would still research these things, and find out what exploit is being used.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Even if they kept it more quiet, Apple would still research these things, and find out what exploit is being used.

I guarantee that better than half of the iOS dev team at Apple has jailbroken devices specifically to find these holes and patch them.

I was pretty sure that Greenpois0n wouldn't work with 4.2.1, but I think comex has another exploit. Greenpois0n used one exploit, but it was different than the one comex was working on.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes im sure they are gonna fix the hole that is out there being used but the reason they put out the unteathed jb is because the other hole they had saved for 4.3 was found out. S what im saying is if they didnt have all the chatter about the hole they were gonna use it may have not been plugged. I dont think the devs thought apple was gonna put out an update with the same exploit open

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice