shsh blobs?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so im new to jailbreak, just trying to get this stuff straight. from what i understand, shsh blobs save your firmware so that say, i accidentally upgrade to 4.3 when it comes out, and lose my jailbreak, i can downgrade back down to 4.2.1 using the saved shsh blobs correct? i saved them via tinyumbrella. and how often should i save them? just every firmware, or occasionally?

sorry for the noob questions:rolleyes:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You have the right result but wrong idea. When Apple releases a new firmware it confirms that your iDevice is allowed to install it. Once they release a new firmware they stop allowing the older firmware from being installed. So if you upgrade and try to install the older version through iTunes it will failed because Apple will not sign it to allow it. So the SHSH blobs are not the firmware it's the confirmation for your device on that firmware. So when you need to downgrade you point to the blobs instead of Apple and it confirms that you're allowed using the stored keys.

You should do it for each firmware because you don't want to go two versions back.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL yeah I just wanted to give you the info so if anyone else ever asks you know what to tell them. It's always better when everyone becomes more knowledgable.

Reactions: JasonG

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner