A bit confused here.

But, is Cydia like the App Store, i.e. when I buy an app, if I ever have to reload\get a new device, I'll be able to re-download my apps, free?

I've only ever tried this once, and when I tried to re-install an app that I'd previously paid for, it wanted me to pay again.

Any ideas\thoughts please...
    02-09-2011 08:03 AM
    Most devs will allow you to transfer a license to a new device, but sometimes you need to email them about it--and I assume you need to use the same login info for the Cydia store that used to buy the app? Also, Cydia recently updated to include a list of your purchased apps for easy reinstalls, so that might help. (It's under Manage My Account or something like that.)
    02-09-2011 08:32 AM
    ...thanks! I just noticed the 'manage account' on Cydia. I wonder how long that's been there?
    02-09-2011 08:42 AM
    Apologies in advance if this has been addressed in another thread and I was unable to find it.

I am still waiting for my ViPhone4 to arrive, but was wondering how do you pay for Cydia apps? Do you pay through the iPhone's browser via PayPal/credit card?

Thanks!
    02-09-2011 07:05 PM
    You log in to the "manage account" section either using facebook or google. I use my google email. Then the payment either goes through Amazon or Paypal. Very simple and now totally transferable to a new device if you should replace your phone or sell it.
    02-09-2011 07:12 PM
    i use the paypal option. never had an issue
    02-09-2011 10:45 PM
    I checked, and the GMail option works very well. I even found apps that I FORGOT that I bought...
    02-10-2011 07:40 AM
    You log in to the "manage account" section either using facebook or google. I use my google email. Then the payment either goes through Amazon or Paypal. Very simple and now totally transferable to a new device if you should replace your phone or sell it.
    Hi, just received my ViPhone4 today and successfully jailbroke it!

However, I am having trouble with purchasing apps from Cydia.

1.) I followed the instructions quoted above; I logged in using my Google e-mail address that is associated with my Amazon account. When I do this it takes me to a page called "Account"

2.) The only area available to click on is called "Installable Purchases"

3.) When I click on this, it takes me to the "Purchases" page. However, nothing is listed here.

4.) What is the next step? I tried to purchase Haptic Pro from the cydia store by clicking on it. When I did, it shows a msg. that I need to pay for this.....

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

Thanks in advance!
    02-15-2011 01:39 AM
    When you tap Purchase, it should take you to a screen where you have three option.
    two are Amazon options and the third is a PayPal option. I don't recall the difference in the first two. I always use the PayPal option. When you tap on the PayPal option, it goes to PayPal's pay site. You log in and click Pay Now. You'll then get a message that tells you to tap close at the top. When you do, you are taken back to the page where you can now tap Install instead of Purchase.

Hope this helps,
    02-15-2011 01:50 AM
    When you tap Purchase, it should take you to a screen where you have three option.
    two are Amazon options and the third is a PayPal option. I don't recall the difference in the first two. I always use the PayPal option. When you tap on the PayPal option, it goes to PayPal's pay site. You log in and click Pay Now. You'll then get a message that tells you to tap close at the top. When you do, you are taken back to the page where you can now tap Install instead of Purchase.

Hope this helps,
    Thanks for the prompt reply. However, for some reason, I do not get any of those 3 options you mentioned above......Do I have an incorrect setting?
    02-15-2011 02:00 AM
    I am trying to figure this out as well, and if it's secure. Seems hard to tell since it isn't going through the secure browser?
    02-10-2012 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD