Quick ?: Using JB'd back up, to restore on a fresh install

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. JB'd my friends phone, but he doesn't like it for some reason!

Question though, he made lots of progress in Cut The Rope while JB'd. I told him to set up the phone as new and restore eveything. But he doesn't want to lose his backed up game save from his JB backups.

Can he use the restore from a JB'd backup, without messing up anything with his fresh install of 4.2.1????

I am sure i wrote this very confusingly, apologies

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so on the same front. I have synced all my apps and music, candar and contacts. I now want to JB. Does it just JB or is it a fresh restore?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok so on the same front. I have synced all my apps and music, candar and contacts. I now want to JB. Does it just JB or is it a fresh restore?

Nope you can JB without a fresh restore! I had about 116 apps and 2 gb of videos on my iP4 when I jailbroke it!:D

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Great! Im on it!

Also, can I run normal syncs and backups in iTunes? Then if I want to unjailbreak, can I backup in iTunes, restore the OS then restore everything else from the backup?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
yes, you can do everything you can do on OEM firmware. When you're ready to remove the jailbreak, although I don't know why you would lol, you hook up do a backup, sync and do an upgrade or restore. Then like you said do a restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2