Greenpois0n JB battery problem

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
last night i ran B4 on top of my B2 and i have noticed an improvement in battery usage/life..

which is confusing that the jailbreak alone would cause any sort of battery drain

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Coming from battery-sucking 4.1, I've never had my phone get better battery life. I actually can't wait to run GP B4 on top of B2 and see it get even better. Brilliant news!

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Coming from battery-sucking 4.1, I've never had my phone get better battery life. I actually can't wait to run GP B4 on top of B2 and see it get even better. Brilliant news!

I can confirm that battery life on b4 is much better than b2. :D

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I did a fresh restore last night and re-jailbroek with B4. My battery life has been better today also.

I wish I just ran the B4 jailbreak over the B2. lol

f1l4

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My results after charged to 100%, disconnected and left phone overnight in standby (8 hours):
(Greenpois0n rc5 b2 with just lockinfo and sbsettings instaled, no plug-ins)

on b2: one morning 84%, second time 80%.
Restored yesterday, on pure 4.2.1: 97% in the morning.

I will update this when I JB with b4

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I did a fresh restore last night and re-jailbroek with B4. My battery life has been better today also.

I wish I just ran the B4 jailbreak over the B2. lol

Ha, sucks. I literally took a deep breath and my anxiety level rose a little when I was doing the B4 over the B2. I almost flat-lined when my phone was stuck on the little skeleton startup thing when it was done. I just did a hard reset and then it booted up like normal. Literally almost freaked out. haha

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
my battery life has been worse on 4.2.1 gp rc5 b2 so im going to rejailbreak just running rc6final on top i will post tomorrow if this works out.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my battery life has been worse on 4.2.1 gp rc5 b2 so im going to rejailbreak just running rc6final on top i will post tomorrow if this works out.

iVenom

"Restore as New device"... (time consuming i know, but worth it) then jailbreak with RC6 Final. i did this last night and it has worked out great, as i was dealing with a little battery drain from running on top like your considering

once again, not sure why the jailbreak itself would cause any type of battery drain.. i loaded all the same apps/tweaks as before. odd

let us know what you think

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
iVenom

"Restore as New device"... (time consuming i know, but worth it) then jailbreak with RC6 Final. i did this last night and it has worked out great, as i was dealing with a little battery drain from running on top like your considering

once again, not sure why the jailbreak itself would cause any type of battery drain.. i loaded all the same apps/tweaks as before. odd

let us know what you think

BLiNK, I'm still not thrilled with my battery life after JBing and then putting b4 on top of b2 (I know I got the phone doing more stuff than before -- way better stuff though) but still the life of the battery is not what I would like. So you are saying to Restore the phone as a new device in iTunes first. Do you then Sync it in iTunes to get your stuff back, and then JB using the most recent GP build? Or JB it then Sync?

My iphone is a 3GS running 4.2.1 and wasn't previously JB. Started with b2 version of GP then I did the b4 build on top of that due to claims of better battery life.

Next question is I assume that I need to make notes of what Cydia stuff I've installed (and purchased) so that I can redo them after the JB and sync? I assume that Cydia keeps up with my purchases (biteSMS, etc)?

C4D_m0nk3y

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I can say that my battery life is slowly getting back to what I consider normal. It's been a week and a half since I JB, and I am now getting home with 40% battery. That's up from having to charge it on the way home. It is coming along nicely. I'll just have to wait and see if I can get home from work, 12 hours after unplugging it and be at 70% like I used to.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK, I'm still not thrilled with my battery life after JBing and then putting b4 on top of b2 (I know I got the phone doing more stuff than before -- way better stuff though) but still the life of the battery is not what I would like. So you are saying to Restore the phone as a new device in iTunes first. Do you then Sync it in iTunes to get your stuff back, and then JB using the most recent GP build? Or JB it then Sync?

correct. do not restore from back up at all. the only time consuming part should be if you have multiple emails set up, in which case take notes

in fact, right after i "restored as new" i jailbroke right away just in case something were to go wrong.... then go ahead and sync your photos, music, apps etc

My iphone is a 3GS running 4.2.1 and wasn't previously JB. Started with b2 version of GP then I did the b4 build on top of that due to claims of better battery life.

i did the same thing and at the time.. it seemed ok but every time "i restored as new" it got better

Next question is I assume that I need to make notes of what Cydia stuff I've installed (and purchased) so that I can redo them after the JB and sync? I assume that Cydia keeps up with my purchases (biteSMS, etc)?

yes, any apps/tweaks you have bought will recognize your device and then can be loaded back without any issues

typically, when i do any type of restore i will hand write all my apps/tweaks from my packages section in cydia and manually load them. some people use backup apps and such but i ran into issues in the past

i have noticed a BIG difference every time i "restored as new" in regards to my battery life. i am glad that this is the final release of greenpois0n (4.2.1) as my device is set up perfectly..

after you do this please let me know how it worked out for you :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I JB with GP RC6 and my standby battery life sucked. After 2 days, I restored back to factory and battery life is back

Martavious

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks BLiNK. I appreciate the very detailed response. I'll give that a try as soon as I can dedicate time for it.

I did find an app called 'AptBackup' that claims to restore your Cydia apps. Free so figure I'd give it a shot but I definitely will take some notes on what I have already. thanks again and I'll post an update.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just ran gp final on top and it seems to be working better. I got 7.5h use and 17h standby today so with all the same apps except my3g this is about right for me. I'm not saying it will work for all but I'm good with my battery life now. Thanks if I hit any other problems I'll restore from new.

f1l4

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Update on my battery life:
(charged to 100%, disconnected and left phone overnight in standby, 8 hours)

GP RC5 b2: one morning 84%, second time 80%.
Restored, on pure 4.2.1: 97% in the morning.
GP RC5 b4: 96%

now I'm happy with b4 :)

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ive just jailbreaked my phone and had it fully charged earlier today and under usage its showing standby 2 hours isnt that pretty low for standby?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods