Greenpois0n JB kills ibooks

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Do tell. I tried that numerous times, using various methods and various download methods, and none of them worked. What version of the jailbreak are you using? I've only tried the version 2 that came out very soon after the original greenpois0n. What books have worked for you specifically?

Gryphyn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Used rc5 not sure what version but the same day it was released. Now I did delete my iBooks in iTunes and iPad as well first based on an earlier suggestion then reinstalled separately on both...then I happened to open a sample book and it worked fine but my other books still didn't open....so I deleted some of them then redownloaded from my purchases and it installed as a "new book" and has worked since and I've been opening and closing since.

CarrieC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The msg that I am getting when I try to open a purchased iBook is:
There is a problem with configuration of your iPhone. Please restore with iTunes and reinstall iBooks.

I am very new to jailbreak and have no idea how to fix. My friend jailbroke my phone for me so I have very little knowledge. Please help. I really want to finish my book.

Thank you.

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I used gp_mac_rc5_b2, also downloaded late the first day. I've tried your method, it doesn't work for me and many others for books that are purchased and have drm. I suspect you're actually redownloading free books or some kind of books that don't have drm, that's why I asked which books specifically.

The point of this thread is to point out that there is a legitimate problem with purchased books in ibooks, and that there isn't always an easy workaround for the problem. For most people it isn't just a matter of deleting and redownloading - that just doesn't work.

I notice the current version is gp_mac_rc5_b4 - anyone try this and have any better luck with ibooks and purchased books?

CarrieC - you can try the delete and redownload method, but if that doesn't work you will need to restore the phone. Or use kindle or stanza or ereader, which don't seem to have problems (these will involve repurchasing).

Last edited:

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Umm, no, it doesn't seem to fix anything. I had restored my phone a few days ago, so I downloaded the new version of ibooks, installed it and made certain that it worked, and then ran the newest version of the JB. Once everything was up and running, I tried ibooks - same problem as before with purchased books. I tried the uninstall and redownload trick, and while I now have a nice little "NEW" banner on the book I was reading, it doesn't open.

mjdld

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It seems if you just delete any book in ur library on the jail broken idevice, then redownload from ur purchases it treats the book as new and allows you to read no problem, has worked so far on mine

This did not work for me unfortunately. I deleted the purchased book, then re-downloaded, and it still did not work.

Siro

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Use the honeypot .deb file posted on the forums and install it using iFile and Dropbox. Worked perfect for me and now I can read all my e-books purchased from the iBooks store!

buzzdar#WN

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Use the honeypot .deb file posted on the forums and install it using iFile and Dropbox. Worked perfect for me and now I can read all my e-books purchased from the iBooks store!

I can't get this to woRk I must be doing something wrong can anyone post a step by step

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk.

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
hunnypot works

Hunnypot deb file worked for me, Thanks so much for the tip!

Edit ---->

This is how I got hunnypot to work for me
Download hunnypot here
http://a.qoid.us/hunnypot.deb

Use a ftp client on your pc to put the deb file on your iDevice.
Use iFile on your iDevice (downloaded from cydia) to find the hunnypot deb file and open it and choose Installer. Then reboot your iDevice. Enjoy!

Last edited: