Going from tethered JB to untethered JB.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My ip4 is on 4.2.1 and JB with redsn0w, do I need to restore and re JB to get the new greenpoisi0n? Also anyone having issues on the new untethered JB? Thanks for looking!

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I've heard numerous people say they went straight from tethered to untethered and all worked fine. If Cydia disappears run Redsn0w and click to install Cydia and all should be fine.

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Question, I'm new to JB and I've bought a few JB apps, when I do a restore and re-JB will all of my purchased apps still be there or will I have to re purchase them?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Question, I'm new to JB and I've bought a few JB apps, when I do a restore and re-JB will all of my purchased apps still be there or will I have to re purchase them?

Once you purchase the JB apps, they are linked to your account, so you will be able to just redownload them again without paying.

sduck

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I was able to run this new greenpois0n jb onto my tethered redsn0w jailbroken phone, with no problems. Iphone 4, 4.2.1. No issues whatsoever - it just ran, did it's install thing, which took a while, but then cydia was right where it had been before. The only difference I can see is that I can restart the phone untethered, of course, and the new animated boot up logo.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all for ur help!!! I used a mirror to download GP. What the hell is a mirror? I did it with out knowing bc I feel safe if i see it on tipb. I still like to know what it is.

funkydita

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Wonder if anyone can shed any light on my experience? I recently installed redsn0w 0.9.6b4 tethered on my 4.2.1 iPhone 4. All worked fine and tethered wasn't too much of a hassle.

I've tried to install GreenPois0n over redsn0w and seem to be hitting a wall. I go through the JB process and everything seems to work OK, I get to the animated skull and the phone reboots. However, on reboot I get the Connect To iTunes message. I can still boot tethered using redsn0w but when I respring I see the skull logo.

Any suggestions? Would it be best for me to start afresh, restore to 4.2.1 and then try to JB using GP?

Thanks for your help.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm on redsn0n 0.9.6b6, used the "mirror" for GP i found on tipb. Ally posted it on the site. It took like 2 minutes to run GP over top of redsn0w and have had 0 issues. Iv rebooted 3 times and no iTunes message. Not sure if the updated redsn0w 0.9.6b6 makes a difference. I believe u can just update ur red snow and try GB again. Hope this helps, let me know.

Btw I'm sure the very best way is to restore and re JB but what a huge pain in the ass. If u they this first u have nothing to loose, u might have to restore anyway.