Greenpois0n UNTETHERED 4.2.1 JailBreak just released

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since it's now available for Windows, what's the process if I'm on iPhone4 4.0.1 that's already jailbroken via jailbreakme.com? Is it as follows:
1. Backup via iTunes
2. Upgrade to 4.2 via iTunes
3. Run greenpois0n per instructions on TiBb (download, DFU mode, etc.)
4. Restore via iTunes

Will this restore all my Cydia (purchased) apps and themes?

I'm not a techie, so if this isn't correct, please advise in layman's terms. Thanks!

To backup everything do one of these:

Option #1
SFTP into your iPhone and backup all apps you've installed via Cydia that are in the directory above.
Also backup the folder called "apt" in /private/etc/
Restore Pwned firmware or new firmware them QuickPwn it, and SFTP in and copy back your apps and the "apt" folder to their correct directories and let Cydia update everything.

Option #2
You can install "AptBackup" (use Cydia and search for it) and it will backup a list of al the apps you've installed via Cydia. That list then gets backed up when you do a normal backup to iTunes. Then after you have to restore your iPhone, use AptBackup to restore the list and Cydia will install them all back at the same time.

Sulli#IM

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Still new to the jbing... but I have 4.2.1, attempted it twice and phone would not turn on and the "Try Again" button came up. Tried that 2 more time, nothing. Started iTunes, said phone was in recovery mode, restored it. Anyone else having this issue?

petersarum

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am new to this too but just can't get Greenpois0n to work. Programme starts, follow the on-screen instructions, press the buttons, get the jailbreaking message, then goes to Failed. Have tried six or seven times now, always the same result. Any ideas, hints, tips, please? (Mac OSX 10.6.6, iPod Touch 4G IOS 4.2.1, iTunes 10.1.2, Greenpois0n rc5 b4)

Last edited:

anon(692121)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the question but i have an untouched Iphone 3GS with 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02.

I need to Unlock it to use overseas... should i update with itunes?? it's telling me that 4.2 is available..will it be 4.2 or 4.2.1..??? and will i be able to unlock after this jailbreak with Greenpois0n??

Thanks

Need to make sure before i Screw it up!!!

aimon

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Did my son's iPod 4th gen last night. I had it on the tethered and didn't do a restore. Took about two minutes to do the green poison and it worked the first time. Yay!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the question but i have an untouched Iphone 3GS with 4.1 and baseband 05.14.02.

I need to Unlock it to use overseas... should i update with itunes?? it's telling me that 4.2 is available..will it be 4.2 or 4.2.1..??? and will i be able to unlock after this jailbreak with Greenpois0n??

Thanks

Ultrasn0w should unlock baseband 5.14.02, but im not sure if your baseband will get updated when you update to 4.2.1. You might want to research it a little more.

anon(692121)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what will be the baseband if i update from 4.1 to 4.2.1??? And if i use itunes to upgrade it tells me that it will update to 4.2... will i have to update to 4.2 and then to 4.2.1??? is there a way to update via itunes to 4.2.1 directly??? and to unlock with redsn0w..we needed to use ipad's baseband 06.15.00.... since apparently we could not unlock 5.14.02.. redsn0w allowed me to use that 06.15.00 baseband...now if i jailbreak with Greenpois0n..and baseband stays at 5.14.02...how will we unlock this iphone.???

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Thanks

NO!!!! do not upgrade via iTunes this will upgrade your baseband. When you need to unlock you need to look out for pwnage tool or redsn0w. The pwnage tool has been updated fkr 4.2 so if you don't have a Mac PM me and I can try to help you out. If you have a Mac look up the process on redmondpie.com using pwnage tool 4.1.3

The people who have problems with GP I've said it before if your computer is connected to the web via Wifi connect directly to your internet connection. Mine didn't work for me at work but worked fine and quick at home. I'm guessing maybe firewall might have been the issue. So give it a try.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Successfully JB my 3GS on Windows. I was worried. On 4.1 GreenPoison for me absolutely wouldnt work. Try after try after try and had to go the Limerain route. But this time GreenPoison was perfect. I even activated phone first before jailbreak. Some say not to activate your phone before the jailbreak. But for me its always seemed to work best and smoother. I've been jailbreaking since July 09 and I gotta say 4.1 Limerain was the most buggy by far. At least for me. Hopefully GreenPoison is good to me.

anon(692121)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
NO!!!! do not upgrade via iTunes this will upgrade your baseband. When you need to unlock you need to look out for pwnage tool or redsn0w. The pwnage tool has been updated fkr 4.2 so if you don't have a Mac PM me and I can try to help you out. If you have a Mac look up the process on redmondpie.com using pwnage tool 4.1.3

The people who have problems with GP I've said it before if your computer is connected to the web via Wifi connect directly to your internet connection. Mine didn't work for me at work but worked fine and quick at home. I'm guessing maybe firewall might have been the issue. So give it a try.

Tried to PM you but I only have 2 posts and i need 15...could you please give me the steps on the forum???

As I mentioned earlier, I have a 3GS with 4.1 BB 05.14.02.

What are the steps to follow to jailbreak and unlock.

How to upgrade the version without the Baseband and how to unlock.????.

Thanks for your help.

JP

ScreenToucher

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried to PM you but I only have 2 posts and i need 15...could you please give me the steps on the forum???

As I mentioned earlier, I have a 3GS with 4.1 BB 05.14.02.

What are the steps to follow to jailbreak and unlock.

How to upgrade the version without the Baseband and how to unlock.????.

Thanks for your help.

JP

BB 05.14.02 (iOS 4.1) can't be unlocked and neither can BB 05.15.04 (iOS 4.2). You will need to upgrade to the iPad BB. Keep in mind though that if you do this you can't update the firmware with iTunes. It will not recognize your BB and not allow you to update.

My old 3gs already had 4.2 installed so to unlock mine I searched YouTube for "unlocking 3GS 4.2 with redsn0w" and picked the video with the most views. Then I re-jailbroke on top of redsn0w with Greenpois0n so I can have an untethered JB.

I've already unlocked 5 3GS this way but had a bit of a hard time jailbreaking the newer model 3GS with redsn0w but I got them working. I had to do a tethered reboot a few times to get cydia updated & working properly. The newer models are the ones made on the 45th week or later (redsn0w will show you how to find out your model when you JB).

anon(692121)

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
BB 05.14.02 (iOS 4.1) can't be unlocked and neither can BB 05.15.04 (iOS 4.2). You will need to upgrade to the iPad BB. Keep in mind though that if you do this you can't update the firmware with iTunes. It will not recognize your BB and not allow you to update.

My old 3gs already had 4.2 installed so to unlock mine I searched YouTube for "unlocking 3GS 4.2 with redsn0w" and picked the video with the most views. Then I re-jailbroke on top of redsn0w with Greenpois0n so I can have an untethered JB.

I've already unlocked 5 3GS this way but had a bit of a hard time jailbreaking the newer model 3GS with redsn0w but I got them working. I had to do a tethered reboot a few times to get cydia updated & working properly. The newer models are the ones made on the 45th week or later (redsn0w will show you how to find out your model when you JB).

OK...so redsn0w... will upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.1 with Ipad BB 06.....then if it is untethered..great ...if not then run Greenpois0n to untethered...great ...thanks for everyone's help and especially for you ScreenToucher..

JP

starbai

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
So I'm running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with GreenPoision. The baseband or "Modem Firmware" is 03.10.01 -- is there any way I can unlock the phone??? I've read through the thread but there are a lotta numbers thrown out here I'm not sure whats what anymore. If someone can tell me if it can be done I'll do whatever reading I need to do to figure out how, but at this point I just need to know if it can be done..

From what I understand it can be if I upgrade to iPad's Baseband... but then I can never upgrade through iTunes again... isn't that a problem? If I do that, how would I upgrade in the future when apple releases new firmwares?

Is there any way to unlock 03.10.01 without going screwing with the ability to update through itunes in the future?

Thanks in advance!

ScreenToucher

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with GreenPoision. The baseband or "Modem Firmware" is 03.10.01 -- is there any way I can unlock the phone??? I've read through the thread but there are a lotta numbers thrown out here I'm not sure whats what anymore. If someone can tell me if it can be done I'll do whatever reading I need to do to figure out how, but at this point I just need to know if it can be done..

From what I understand it can be if I upgrade to iPad's Baseband... but then I can never upgrade through iTunes again... isn't that a problem? If I do that, how would I upgrade in the future when apple releases new firmwares?

Is there any way to unlock 03.10.01 without going screwing with the ability to update through itunes in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Judging by your baseband, it seems you have an iPhone 4. So far the only iPhone 4 baseband that can be unlocked is 1.59.00 which I believe comes with iOS 4.0. So cross your fingers and wait for 4.3 :p . You can probably downgrade if you saved your ssh blobs while you were on 4.0. See Farbod's "READ BEFORE POSTING" sticky on how to do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro