4.2.1 tetherred jailbreak stable?

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a iphone 4 with 4.1 limera1n jailbreak.

I'm one of those nuts that need the newest stuff, so I'm considerring upgrading to 4.2.1 and running a tetherred redsn0w jailbreak.

Aside from having to boot my iphone up via PC (which really should never happen as I never let my battery drain that far)

Is there anything else I should worry about? Everything else works? cydia and all that?

I don't have to reboot my phone via pc if i reset springboard or anything do I?

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I utilized limerain on both my 3gs and my iphone 4. I decided to dive in and use redsn0w on my iphone and expected to hate it and imediately downgrade back to 4.1. Almost a month later, I am really happy with redsn0w. I carry the redsn0w tool as well as the firmware on an USB drive.

But I have not needed to use it. Redsn0w seems really stable. No safe mode issues, no "white app icon" issues like I had in the past.

You can still re-spring with out any issues. I tend to reboot my device on Fridays when I get home from work.

I also have my ipad tethered jb via redsn0w and have had NO issues!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I utilized limerain on both my 3gs and my iphone 4. I decided to dive in and use redsn0w on my iphone and expected to hate it and imediately downgrade back to 4.1. Almost a month later, I am really happy with redsn0w. I carry the redsn0w tool as well as the firmware on an USB drive.

But I have not needed to use it. Redsn0w seems really stable. No safe mode issues, no "white app icon" issues like I had in the past.

You can still re-spring with out any issues. I tend to reboot my device on Fridays when I get home from work.

I also have my ipad tethered jb via redsn0w and have had NO issues!

very well said, sir! i also have to say this method has been nice to have around while Comex plays his little twitter games

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's stable enough...i can't wait for an untethered variant though. I have had some glitchy things happen, including freezing of my dock (i have 5 icon dock and it will freeze between apps and phone has to be restarted...i've installed 5 icon dock three times too). Winterboard seems to be a brat sometimes too, and resets itself before i tell it to...leaving me with whatever options i had selected before it reboots.

These are not frequent enough to make me un-JB, but man...ANXIOUSLY awaiting untethered.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So when the untetherred version comes out can I still use it on this phone even though I've already used the tethered version? What would I have to do?

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's stable enough...i can't wait for an untethered variant though. I have had some glitchy things happen, including freezing of my dock (i have 5 icon dock and it will freeze between apps and phone has to be restarted...i've installed 5 icon dock three times too). Winterboard seems to be a brat sometimes too, and resets itself before i tell it to...leaving me with whatever options i had selected before it reboots.

These are not frequent enough to make me un-JB, but man...ANXIOUSLY awaiting untethered.

I as well use 5 icon dock. Luckily I have NOT experienced any issues. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

The only 'glitch' I can recall since upgrading to 4.2.1 and jb using redsn0w is safari freezing after watching an embedded video. For example; 9to5mac.com will embed youtube videos in their articles. After the video completes and I am redirected back to the safari page, it is un-responsive. I have to clear safari from the multi-task dock and re-launch.

WHat I dont know if this bug is in the 4.2.1 firmware or within redsn0w 0.9.6rc8..?

Winterboard is always an issue in my opinion;)

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So I just restore through iTunes? Did I have to back anything up before I jailbroken my iPhone with the tethered redsnow?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta