Hi,

Feel like I'm going mad here and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?

I've installed "Orange UK Logo" from the Cydia store and selected it in Winterboard - so my "Orange" carrier logo should change right?........Except it's not!

Do custom carrier logo's work with 4.2.1? I've tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything immediately relevant.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Ta

Matt

PS - have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using with different winterboard themes.... etc. and still stumped!!
    02-01-2011 09:33 AM
    i have heard of problems so far with custom logos with 4.2.1 but it doesn't mean there isn't anything out there either

personally i removed my carrier logo completely along with the lock icon and battery icon with CleanStatus. looks pretty sweet and frees up more room, obviously

edit: i'll report back if i find anything
    02-01-2011 09:38 AM
    Cleanstatus is pretty neat. I'm still sitting at 4.1 and the only way I can get a custom logo is with MakeItMine. I know it's not exactly what the op wants but it works for me. Just a thought
    02-01-2011 09:55 AM
    Make sure it is the highest item in winterboard and make sre it is in the right folder for Orange_UK.

Default_CARRIER_Orange-UK.png
    FSO_Carrier_Orange-UK.png

Theme.theme>bundles>com.apple.Orange-UK

I'm not sure on the folder name for AT&T its com.apple.ATT_US
    sadlybrokeboy likes this.
    02-01-2011 06:42 PM
    Make sure it is the highest item in winterboard and make sre it is in the right folder for Orange_UK.

Default_CARRIER_Orange-UK.png
    FSO_Carrier_Orange-UK.png

Theme.theme>bundles>com.apple.Orange-UK

I'm not sure on the folder name for AT&T its com.apple.ATT_US
    Thanks - will give that a go!
    02-02-2011 05:58 AM
    I just got my custom carrier logo to work. I made one myself. This was not easy to figure out but finally I got it. I made my logo with Photoshop and installed on iPhone through diskaid. I replaced all the logo files in my ATT carrier bundle folder. I tried just changing the default and the FSO carrier file but that didn't work. I'm not sure which two it uses, but posts I found on the two to replace did not work for me. When I replaced them all, worked perfect. Let me know if anyone wants a detailed breakdown of how I did it.
    02-21-2011 08:04 PM
    fakecarrier ap in cydia is how i did mine.
    02-23-2011 02:02 PM
    fakecarrier in cydia wont do this-
    02-28-2011 03:51 PM
    fakecarrier ap in cydia is how i did mine.
    What version are you running.
    02-28-2011 09:21 PM
    Makeitmine doesn't work in 4.2, you need to use FakeCarrier but that wont give you something sweet. I had problems trying to change my carrier logo Fido in Canada. I tried to change the system file directly after doing it through a theme wouldn't work. So it seems very difficult to change on 4.2. The logo uses both files, one is for dark background bar and one is for white background taskbar.
    02-28-2011 09:34 PM
    I have the same trouble with 4.2.1. The last time I had a jailbroken phone was 3.X. Worked like a charm on the older OS
    03-01-2011 12:47 AM
    I've been trying this for a very long time but haven't had any luck.

But today something very interesting happened.
    My phone crashed and started in "Safe Mode" and I could see the logo. When i restarted the phone to get out of Safe Mode, the logo was gone again...

Don't know what to make of it really, but the logo looked to good....I want it back!!
    06-02-2011 06:10 PM
    No one has any creative input here?
    06-02-2011 11:13 PM
    I've been trying this for a very long time but haven't had any luck.

But today something very interesting happened.
    My phone crashed and started in "Safe Mode" and I could see the logo. When i restarted the phone to get out of Safe Mode, the logo was gone again...

Don't know what to make of it really, but the logo looked to good....I want it back!!
    To me that makes it sound like something you're running is keeping your chosen logo from showing. What I'm wondering is what method you used to install the logo you want to use? If it were dependent on a theme it in theory wouldn't show up during a safe mode respring--more likely is that you have a package installed that includes a carrier logo somewhere that is overwriting the one you want.

If you can give a list of what you have installed, we might be able to narrow it down.
    06-03-2011 01:09 AM
    To me that makes it sound like something you're running is keeping your chosen logo from showing. What I'm wondering is what method you used to install the logo you want to use? If it were dependent on a theme it in theory wouldn't show up during a safe mode respring--more likely is that you have a package installed that includes a carrier logo somewhere that is overwriting the one you want.

If you can give a list of what you have installed, we might be able to narrow it down.
    I installed the picture right into my carrier.bundle folder of the phone by SSHing into the phone.

I have Winterboard installed. I am not using a full theme.
    What I am using is...
    Live Clock
    Weather Icon
    Bliss Live HD Weather
    Activator
    LockInfo
    Notifier+
    Color Keyboard
    A bunch of themes are installed, but not being used.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 06-03-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    06-03-2011 08:47 AM
    If you go to macthemes.net you can find all the answers you need for theming.
    The Guy#CB likes this.
    06-04-2011 05:08 PM
    If you go to macthemes.net you can find all the answers you need for theming.
    Thank you so much! I found a thread on the same issue I'm having there. It hasn't been resolved yet, but it seems like there is more resources there.

THank you once again!!
    06-04-2011 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD