Restore Jailbroken iPhone 4 running 4.0.1

Helio324

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, this is my first time posting and I am in desperate need of help!

I have a jailbroken iphone 4 running 4.0.1 with baseband 1.59.00. It was all good until I had to reboot my iphone, which was where the trouble started. It wont reboot normally and is stuck on the apple logo and will constantly loop (if it helps, it will only reboot to the apple logo, not the recovery mode with the usb cable and itunes icon)

I tried restoring it through iTunes with the stock ipsw 4.0.1 firmware from apple but it wont work since apple doesnt sign the firmwre anymore. I havent had the chance to back up my shsh and I have just tried to backing up my shsh by putting it in DFU/restore mode but Tinyumbrella wont recognize my iphone. I was wondering is there someway that I can back up my shsh onto my harddrive instead of cydia server and then do a restore in itunes? Is that method possible?

Lets say I have a normally functioning and jailbroken iphone 4 with bb 1.59.00, is there a way to back up my shsh to cydia server now or has that window passed also? Sorry Ive been using my IP4 without a problem until now so I've been trying to catch up with all the new jailbreaking/unlocking methods since the problem arose.

Please help me I am in desperate need of my phone to work again and to preserve both firmware and baseband. Thank you guys in advance!

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
if your iphone was already jailbroken you should just be able to change your host file to point to cydias servers for gs.apple.com. sorry dont have all the info in front of me, but google it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods