MyWi not connecting to internet on wifi

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey group, I am having an issue that started recently, and I cant seem to figure out why.

iphone 3gs
jalibroken

Trying to run MyWi through wifi to connect my laptop. It has always worked in the past with no issues. I can not recall when it stopped working, and if it was at the same time I updated my iphone from 4.0 to 4.1. I am pretty sure that MyWi still worked for weeks AFTER I updated the phone to 4.1

Here is the issue. I open MyWi, try to turn on wifi, the blue bar pops up as if to show it is working. I can see the signal from my laptop (same laptop I have always been using with no changes). I can connect to MyWi, but I am not able to open web pages.

I thought it was the laptop, so I tried it with other devices that have worked in the past. My daughters itouch gave the same results. It sees the network, connects, but wont allow internet.

If I connect with the cable, it all works.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MyWi several times with the same results.

Anyone else having this issue?

It is either:

iphone is having issues broadcasting a signal
MyWi no longer works on 4.1
or
??????

any help?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
for anyone that is interested, I finally got it working again.

Uninstalled and reinstalled several times. No luck
Finally backed up iphone and restored (from 4.1 to 4.1)
loaded everything back on and I still had the same results. No luck
restored again, loaded everything back on and now it is working. I have played with it for about 30 mins. Everything seems good.

I had already sent a request to the website of Mywi before I got it working on the second restore. I will be interested to see what reply they have.

xxSteedxx

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Having same problem. Worked fine 4 days ago. All devices connect to mywi but no Internet access. Uninstalled/reinstalled...no help. Mywi is current vers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2