Hi
    Somehow my phone has managed to get stuck in a reboot loop, unfortunately i am away from my itunes pc at home but i have a pc with me here.

I was sending a text and the screen became kinda pixelated (this has happened before and i normally reboot) but this time it goes black screen, then apple logo, the the charging indicator with the slide to unlock bit on it.

Great i thought, back to normal, only that i cannot slide to unlock, it has found my network and my wireless but even the buttons on the side dont work (volume).

Is it borked? If not, what can i do now while i am here

Lee
    01-28-2011 08:29 AM
    Have you tried sliding on status bar, bringing down SBSettings and going into safe mode? If you can respring and use the phone, start uninstalling stuff in Cydia.
    01-28-2011 09:27 AM
    The slide bar will not slide
    01-28-2011 09:34 AM
    Try a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird
    problems on iOS devices.
    01-28-2011 12:24 PM
    Yep, a hard reboot (that's what the 10 second simultaneous holding of the Home and Power buttons trigger is called) is the first of many troubleshooting actions.
    01-30-2011 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD