Okay this is bizarre I was just downloading a theme from cydia all the sudden it said some mismatch and now when I load cydia there is nothing but a home page and in categories it only shows all packages. Now when I open that on folder it's empty, when I go to manage everything is empty smh any ideas?
    01-26-2011 01:12 PM
    Okay this is bizarre I was just downloading a theme from cydia all the sudden it said some mismatch and now when I load cydia there is nothing but a home page and in categories it only shows all packages. Now when I open that on folder it's empty, when I go to manage everything is empty smh any ideas?
    I had that as well. There has been an issue with a source causing the problem. It seems to be back up now though. Try to log back in now and see what happens? Try a respring and make it reload the data and download the packages again as well. Let me know how that works. If it still doesnt I have a fix that should work for you.
    01-26-2011 01:31 PM
    i was battling this earlier and now... everything seems to be up and going again..
    01-26-2011 01:35 PM
    It did it again now so here is the fix:

SSH into your phone then navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Rename zodttd.list to zodttd.list.old and then respring your phone

Cydia will now work. Once they fix that source it will be ok to add it back but at least Cydia works properly without that source.
    01-26-2011 03:13 PM
    saurik just tweeted about this issue again

go to changes and select refresh. worked for me
    01-26-2011 03:19 PM
    saurik just tweeted about this issue again

go to changes and select refresh. worked for me
    I tried with no luck so I killed that source and all is well.
    01-26-2011 03:20 PM
    Ran into some problems with BiteSMS crashing my phone after updating lockinfo today. Thought it might be lockinfo screwing things up. Then Cydia wouldn't work right.

Finally i said heck with it and upgraded to 4.2 (from 4.1). Hopefully the wait isn't too long or I may mess with a tethered jb. I have some apps that need 4.2 anyways and get airplay now.

Probably will exchange it now. Home button was screwed up too.
    01-26-2011 03:43 PM
    cydia is working now. lockinfo is now at beta 3.0.0.33 with a fix hopefully

oh and welcome to tetherland cardfan!
    01-26-2011 03:50 PM
    Here's another solution:

Go to /var/lib/dpkg then delete "availabe" and "status" files and rename available-old to available and status-old to status.

Respring and reload Cydia and everything should work. Tested this myself.
    sebicatana likes this.
    01-26-2011 08:16 PM
    Thanks everyone
    01-27-2011 12:34 AM
    Hi guys. I just JB 4.2.1 yesterday and played around with it a little bit, so yup, I'm new at this. And now I am getting the same issue. when I go into Cydia>changes>refresh it starts downloading and then says updating database...downloading release.... and then Error: POSIX: operation time... and that's it.
    I read a little about this and I need to install SSH on the phone to be able to fix this. How do I do that if Cydia doesnt work? Thank you, Sebastian

Update: I installed Iphone explorer and fixed the problem Thank God!!!
    Update 2: It works only when I go into Cydia's main page to stuff like themes.. nothing else works. I tried both methods and it doesnt show anything. HELP?
    Last edited by sebicatana; 02-06-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Still not working
    02-06-2011 11:57 AM
    I don't have a fix but I am having the exact same issue. Sometimes going to Changes and hitting refresh helps. It works temporarily and then the next time I launch Cydia, I get the Downloading Release.gpg forever.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    BTW, my first post. Glad to be here.
    02-06-2011 01:14 PM
    I'm having the same issues as above... downloading release forever, finally goes away... also I'm not able to install MyWi, just sits there with "running" finally says can't connect to their server. I don't know if thats due to traffic or something else.
    02-06-2011 03:53 PM
    It must be traffic. I re-Jailbroke 3 times with the same results. I can barely download anything. Finally gave up and will wait till late tonight or tomorrow. Odd that more people aren't complaining about the same thing though...
    02-06-2011 04:50 PM
    It must be traffic. I re-Jailbroke 3 times with the same results. I can barely download anything. Finally gave up and will wait till late tonight or tomorrow. Odd that more people aren't complaining about the same thing though...
    I cannot see anything in Cydia... anything at all. and I dont really understand how to restore and reJB without losing all my apps.
    02-06-2011 05:24 PM
    I'm having the same issue with Cydia. Hopefully it'll calm down in a few days and everything will go back to normal.
    Last edited by jmonte345; 02-06-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    02-06-2011 05:54 PM
    When I go to MyWi in Cydia from the Home screen, I get "Note: Cannot Locate Package". Is this due to traffic to Cydia servers.
    02-06-2011 06:00 PM
    Same thing here. Not seeing any sources, can't add any, and none of the "solutions" are working
    02-06-2011 06:14 PM
    bits and pieces are working, its hard being this patient for a 1.6 mb application (my wi) but im trying really hard...
    02-06-2011 09:26 PM
    MyWi and other apps finally began to show up. I guess Cydia was/is getting hammered due to the new JB release.
    02-07-2011 01:17 AM
    Working fine this morning. Must have been overloaded. So good to be back!
    02-07-2011 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.