Weird issue with cydia

Drslugg25

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay this is bizarre I was just downloading a theme from cydia all the sudden it said some mismatch and now when I load cydia there is nothing but a home page and in categories it only shows all packages. Now when I open that on folder it's empty, when I go to manage everything is empty smh any ideas?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Okay this is bizarre I was just downloading a theme from cydia all the sudden it said some mismatch and now when I load cydia there is nothing but a home page and in categories it only shows all packages. Now when I open that on folder it's empty, when I go to manage everything is empty smh any ideas?

I had that as well. There has been an issue with a source causing the problem. It seems to be back up now though. Try to log back in now and see what happens? Try a respring and make it reload the data and download the packages again as well. Let me know how that works. If it still doesnt I have a fix that should work for you.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It did it again now so here is the fix:

SSH into your phone then navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Rename zodttd.list to zodttd.list.old and then respring your phone

Cydia will now work. Once they fix that source it will be ok to add it back but at least Cydia works properly without that source.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Ran into some problems with BiteSMS crashing my phone after updating lockinfo today. Thought it might be lockinfo screwing things up. Then Cydia wouldn't work right.

Finally i said heck with it and upgraded to 4.2 (from 4.1). Hopefully the wait isn't too long or I may mess with a tethered jb. I have some apps that need 4.2 anyways and get airplay now.

Probably will exchange it now. Home button was screwed up too.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
cydia is working now. lockinfo is now at beta 3.0.0.33 with a fix hopefully

oh and welcome to tetherland cardfan! :D

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's another solution:

Go to /var/lib/dpkg then delete "availabe" and "status" files and rename available-old to available and status-old to status.

Respring and reload Cydia and everything should work. Tested this myself. :)

Reactions: sebicatana

sebicatana

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
nothing I've tried works

Hi guys. I just JB 4.2.1 yesterday and played around with it a little bit, so yup, I'm new at this. And now I am getting the same issue. when I go into Cydia>changes>refresh it starts downloading and then says updating database...downloading release.... and then Error: POSIX: operation time... and that's it.
I read a little about this and I need to install SSH on the phone to be able to fix this. How do I do that if Cydia doesnt work? Thank you, Sebastian

Update: I installed Iphone explorer and fixed the problem :) Thank God!!!
Update 2: It works only when I go into Cydia's main page to stuff like themes.. nothing else works. I tried both methods and it doesnt show anything. HELP?

Last edited:

jjb70

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a fix but I am having the exact same issue. Sometimes going to Changes and hitting refresh helps. It works temporarily and then the next time I launch Cydia, I get the Downloading Release.gpg forever.
Any help would be appreciated.
BTW, my first post. Glad to be here.;)

NEO2126

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issues as above... downloading release forever, finally goes away... also I'm not able to install MyWi, just sits there with "running" finally says can't connect to their server. I don't know if thats due to traffic or something else.

jjb70

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It must be traffic. I re-Jailbroke 3 times with the same results. I can barely download anything. Finally gave up and will wait till late tonight or tomorrow. Odd that more people aren't complaining about the same thing though...:(

sebicatana

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So it works at least?

It must be traffic. I re-Jailbroke 3 times with the same results. I can barely download anything. Finally gave up and will wait till late tonight or tomorrow. Odd that more people aren't complaining about the same thing though...:(

I cannot see anything in Cydia... anything at all. and I dont really understand how to restore and reJB without losing all my apps.

jmonte345

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with Cydia. Hopefully it'll calm down in a few days and everything will go back to normal.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
When I go to MyWi in Cydia from the Home screen, I get "Note: Cannot Locate Package". Is this due to traffic to Cydia servers.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
MyWi and other apps finally began to show up. I guess Cydia was/is getting hammered due to the new JB release.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR