ModMyi.com | Better White Icon Labels

i know this has been out for a little while now but thought i would let anyone else know who has not seen or heard about it

one of the minor issues with WinterBoard is the fact that it can interfere with the text on your Home screen. the text for the app names turns into a grey and shadowless text

to try to remedy this issue, WinterBoard comes with a White Icon Labels option. this helps alleviate the issues surrounding the color of the text, but unfortunately still lacks the shadows that the stock look is known for

my first homepage screenshot is with the standard "White Icon labels" that comes with Winterboard

here is what my homepage looks like with the "Better White Icon labels"

as you can see it gives it a more stock look. available in Cydia and it's within the ModMyi repo.
    just do a simple search for Better White Icon labels and you will find it

it's the little tweaks like this that make me enjoy jailbreaking my device
    hbcbob573 and Ipheuria like this.
    01-23-2011 12:40 AM
    Thank you so much! I needed this. Much appreciated.
    01-25-2011 04:40 PM
    this was the reason I never used winterboard, but with these new icon labels it makes it nice!
    04-08-2011 10:54 AM
    lol I never noticed this until I just read this thread today. I can't wait to get into the tweak and see what it does to accomplish this.
    04-08-2011 04:02 PM
    lol I never noticed this until I just read this thread today. I can't wait to get into the tweak and see what it does to accomplish this.
    You didn't?! :O I thought you were an expert at this stuff!
    04-08-2011 04:18 PM
    I use this too, really nice!!
    04-09-2011 11:48 AM
    You didn't?! :O I thought you were an expert at this stuff!
    lol don't let the Elite in my username fool you I'm a noob
    04-09-2011 12:32 PM
    Wow this looks so GOOD.
    04-12-2011 12:30 AM
    i have been out of the Winterboard scene for a long time until recently, due to the Typophone 4 LS theme, and noticed this tweak still works!

It is a minor detail but definitely looks better!
    05-27-2012 08:10 AM
    Hello,

I'm new to jailbreak ....just did it yesterday. I am using Winterboard and Springtomize. I love the theme I have however the app labels blend into the theme color (hard to read). I checked into the Better White Icon Labels.....however I really want a font totally diff from the stock SpringBoard. Does anyone know of other apps to changed the label color and font?

Thx
    07-29-2012 08:27 PM
    Hello,

I'm new to jailbreak ....just did it yesterday. I am using Winterboard and Springtomize. I love the theme I have however the app labels blend into the theme color (hard to read). I checked into the Better White Icon Labels.....however I really want a font totally diff from the stock SpringBoard. Does anyone know of other apps to changed the label color and font?

Thx
    BytaFont will change your fonts. Search in Cydia.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    07-29-2012 08:49 PM
    +1 for Bytafont.

Then install "Change Icon Label Color" (ModMyi).
    07-29-2012 09:49 PM
    Is it the thing that makes the apps look different and if not what is that
    03-21-2013 06:35 AM
    [/b]face992;2004231]Is it the thing that makes the apps look different and if not what is that
    Winterboard changes the icons and the looks of apps if that's what you mean.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    Lawns likes this.
    03-22-2013 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD