Downgrade to 4.1

mapmap#IM

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So i got my ipodtouch4g for christmas, then jailbroke it. Then I updated to 4.2.1 because this guy i work with said how it ruined his ipod and stuff, so thats why i updated. But now I just want to jailbreak my ipod so im wondering if I could use the shsh blobs that cydia saved when i hit "make my life easier" to restore my ipod back to 4.1.

Is this possible or was i supposed to save the shsh blobs on my computer?
Also if it is possible how do i do it? and if it is should I wait till 4.2.1 jailbreak comes out?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Does Cydia say it has your SHSH blobs saved for 4.1? If so then you can downgrade, otherwise you're out of luck.

And now that I think about it, 4.2.1 came out before xmas. You likely don't have 4.1 blobs saved, and so you cannot downgrade.

mapmap#IM

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
my ipod came with 4.1 i know because i jailbroke it with limerain untethered...
it is currently on 4.2.1 (notjailbroken)
do these shsh blobs get stored onto the internet because i know i hit "make my life easier"

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Just bc you had 4.1 on your device doesn't mean you were able to save shsh blobs for 4.1. The blobs come from Apple and are specific to iOS version. If Apple stops signing for that version you can't get the blobs for that version anymore. If your device isn't jailbroken anymore you can install tiny umbrella and it will ask cydia for any existing shsh blobs on file. You'll find out if you can downgrade to 4.1.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
If he hit the make my life easier button he should have the blobs for 4.1 then right?

No. What blobs you can save only has to do with what Apple was sending out at that time. Has nothing to do with what your phone is currently running. For example, lets say I bought a used 3GS phone from ebay with 3.0 firmware today. If I try to save the SHSH blobs, I will only be getting 4.2.1, currently only what Apple is sending out. Thus, if he missed the 4.1 window, he won't have them. Also, note, the blobs are unique to each iphone and firmware version.

Last edited:

mapmap#IM

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
oh so when the jailbreak for 4.2.1 comes out i can get shsh blobs for that...
Also where are the shsh blobs stored? and how would i use them?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
oh so when the jailbreak for 4.2.1 comes out i can get shsh blobs for that...
Also where are the shsh blobs stored? and how would i use them?

You don't have to be JB to save your blobs. Download and run Tinyumbrella to save, on your HDD and Cydia server, the current blobs. You would use them by running Tinymbrella TSS Server option (use blobs on your HDD) or editing your host file (pointing to Cydia), and then, restore like normal through iTunes. So, lets say you saved your 4.2.1 blobs, Apple releases 4.3, you update and would like to go back to 4.2.1, you use your blobs and trick iTunes into allowing you to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro