Is there a point at which AT&T cuts off an iPhone using myWi to tether on an " unlimited" data plan?

A tethered laptop downloading iTunes podcasts can run up some high data numbers. Ever heard of anyone being warned or cut off? What is the limit?
    Is it truly unlimited?
    01-13-2011 12:30 AM
    Is there a point at which AT&T cuts off an iPhone using myWi to tether on an " unlimited" data plan?

A tethered laptop downloading iTunes podcasts can run up some high data numbers. Ever heard of anyone being warned or cut off? What is the limit?
    Is it truly unlimited?
    Rumors claim it is 5GB but unless you continue to hit 5GB+ on a monthly basis I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Yankeexpress likes this.
    01-13-2011 04:32 AM
    With the combination of mywi, heavy internet browsing and a high bitrate Howard stern stream (4 days a week-about 8hrs a day) I often hit 8,9 sometimes 10 gb /month. No issues yet.
    Yankeexpress likes this.
    01-13-2011 12:56 PM
    I travel a lot for work and i use mywi to Sling on my laptop. I usually get speeds between 1.5Mbps - 2Mbps. In October I used 10gb and November 13gb and never heard anything from AT&T. I expected to have my speed throttled at some point but never did. So far so good!
    Yankeexpress likes this.
    01-13-2011 04:21 PM
    Haha! Hilarious!
    01-13-2011 05:28 PM
    WTF???? LMAO!

Anyway, I tethered up to 8GB one month and 6Gb another month. No issues. A sales rep at an AT&T store told me there is no 5GB cap anymore. It's just straight unlimited. I guess they got rid of the cap when they got rid of the unlimited iPhone plan???
    01-20-2011 11:48 AM
    I'm holding strong. I tether just about every day.
    02-02-2011 06:17 PM
    I'm New to forum tipb com and just though to share this tool i found on digg which helps to boost torrent speed to an insane rate
    hope it works for yall: digg com/story/r/turbo_torrent_booster_hacking_tools
    cheers
    02-02-2011 07:28 PM
    I have a simple question. If I have an unlimited data plan for 30$, do I have to pay the extra 20$ to be able to be a hot spot or can I just use mywi and skip that extra 20$ fee?

Thanks in advance for the help
    02-02-2011 10:40 PM
    I have a simple question. If I have an unlimited data plan for 30$, do I have to pay the extra 20$ to be able to be a hot spot or can I just use mywi and skip that extra 20$ fee?

Thanks in advance for the help
    Skip the extra fee and use the app with no extra charges besides buying the app.

iPhone Tapatalk
    02-02-2011 11:02 PM
    Thanks a lot for your quick response! I have been wondering about that for awhile and now my new iphone is coming from verizon and with their unlimited data plan i should be golden with mywi.

thanks!
    02-03-2011 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD