iPhone Jargon List !!

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am sharing iPhone jargon list that I found on this site called iPhone 4 Jailbreak. I found this list useful so sharing with you all !!

Bootloader : A software that is responsible for booting up iPhone operating system.

iBoot : A layer in iOS that boots up the iDevices

iOS : Apple?s Operating System

iPhone Firmware : Software/Operating System that is installed in iPhone

iPhone Activation : During the first start up of iPhone, it has to be connected to iTunes in order to acess all the features. This process is called iPhone activation

iPhone Baseband : A chip in iPhone that controls Phone, WiFi and Bluetooth and LocateMe.

Recovery mode : When you connect to iTunes and want to restore your iPhone.

DFU Mode : It is device firmware update, it is same as recovery mode but also allows you to downgrade your iPhone firmware.

iPhone Springboard : The home screen of the iPhone is called iPhone springboard

iPhone Winterboard : An application for iPhone that allows you to fuly customize it

iPhone Jailbreak : Installing third party application in iPhone.

iPhone Unlock : Using any Sim card in iPhone is called Unlocking. By default only that Sim card carrier works in iPhone from which we buy it.

Cydia : It is an application that allows you to install third party applications on to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

SSH : Secure Shell, it is a protocol that allows you to use iPhone when it is connected to any system(computer)

Tethered Jailbreak : Once a device is jailbroken it cannot be reboot until & unless it is attached to a computer

Untethered Jailbreak : Untethered Jailbreak is opposite to untethered jailbreak, in this even if your device reboots it does not loose its jailbreak.

Reactions: jsntrenkler

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Untethered Jailbreak : Untethered Jailbreak is opposite to untethered jailbreak, in this even if your device reboots it does not loose its jailbreak.

Redundant: See redundant.

I think Untethered Jailbreak would be the opposite of TETHERED Jailbreak... but that's just my opinion

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73