Endless Reboot Cycle After JB

gsmth00

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the whole Jailbreaking thing but have read up on it and it doesn't seem to be that complicated.

I've got an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 and so I know that the only available (stable) option right now is to do a tethered JB.

I've tried twice now to do it but have had the same issue both times. I'm using the redsn0w method and have been able to do the initial JB without any issues. Upon going into Cydia the first time, I opt to download the updates it tells me are required and place them into my download queue. I then navigate to the one app I really want and that I know is compatible with 4.2.1, LockInfo. I add that to the queue as well and then proceed to download everything. Once I'm given the option to 'Reboot' I do. After that though my phone essentially goes into an endless reboot cycle where I see the Apple logo for a few minutes, then it fades to black as if it's going to restart but just a few seconds later the Apple logo appears again. Both times I've ended up just restoring my phone.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm anxious to join the JB world.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you understand that "tethered" means you need to connect your phone via USB and run redsn0w again to reboot? Except instead of jb'ing again, you'll choose "just boot tethered right now."

So when Cydia says Reboot Device just turn it off and use redsn0w to reboot.

gsmth00

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think I've been doing that. So you're saying though that when it gives me the button that says 'Reboot Device' instead of actually hitting that button I just need to turn the phone off an use Redsn0w to reboot?

If that's the case, I'm sure that is what my issue has been.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, a tethered JB means that every time you need to reboot, you need to use redsn0w to do it. That is the "tethered" part.

(So don't try to reboot when you're not near your computer.)

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
you can hit that reboot button just make sure when its rebooting to put it into DFU mode and click next on redsnow so it can guide you along and it should work flawlessly. I tethered JB'ed my phone the other day and its not as cumbersome to reboot as I thought it would be. I rarely reboot anyways.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh