hi all i have just jailbroken my new iphone 3gs with 4.1 using limerain. something went wrong after installing something.

so i tried a factory reset and it froze for over an hour

so i tried to restore iphone using 4.1 ipsw but i get an error message after it has checked with apple.

so i tried re jailbreaking but no luck.

only other option i have is to restore but apple want to put newer software on.

any ideas ?? anyone
    01-06-2011 04:08 PM
    01-06-2011 04:32 PM
    sounds like you need to change your host file.

see this article.

Downgrade iOS 4.2 to 4.1 / 4.0.2 / 4.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G and iPad [Guide] | Redmond Pie
    That will only work if the op had shsh blobs saved, which I hope they did
    01-06-2011 04:36 PM
    hi all i have just jailbroken my new iphone 3gs with 4.1 using limerain. something went wrong after installing something.

so i tried a factory reset and it froze for over an hour

so i tried to restore iphone using 4.1 ipsw but i get an error message after it has checked with apple.

so i tried re jailbreaking but no luck.

only other option i have is to restore but apple want to put newer software on.

any ideas ?? anyone
    If you did in fact save your shs blobs then you can downgrade like the article that was posted said. If you did not save them then you are SOL my friend
    01-06-2011 04:37 PM
    argghh i did not save them. does that mean i have to upgrade to the newest software ?
    01-06-2011 04:42 PM
    thanks all for your replies i forgot to save my shsh. so i have had to upgrade to the latest stupid me. i should of know better.
    01-06-2011 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD