What is the biggest benefit of this? I understand the phone for various reasons but not the iPad or iPod.
    01-03-2011 12:42 PM
    Freedom for your device. No manufacturer restrictions.
    01-03-2011 06:33 PM
    I'm just wondering like what restrictions it really has. I jailbroke my phone because I love biteSMS and lockinfo, but I wouldn't use that on iPad. What are some cool features?
    01-03-2011 07:43 PM
    Well, different people have different reason, for you maybe you want to get more Apps that not authorised by Apple, others might want to get the Activator...so depends on self needs.
    These two article you might be interested in reading:
    Why You Have to Jailbreak the iPhone 4 (or iOS 4)
    Why jailbreak the iPad and the solutions
    01-03-2011 10:15 PM
    I'm just wondering like what restrictions it really has. I jailbroke my phone because I love biteSMS and lockinfo, but I wouldn't use that on iPad. What are some cool features?
    The ability to see e-mail and calendar at a glance on the lock screen (lock info), ability to toggle settings such as screen brightness from any app (sbsettings), ability to have infinite dock icons (infinidock). Not to mention (if you don't have iOS 4 or newer) ... Multiple Exchange accounts, multitasking and folders.
    01-03-2011 10:18 PM
    I've been thinking of jailbreaking my ipad, but the only things I can think of are notications, the lock screen info and perhaps a really nice theme (paid even, but it will need to be worth spending money on)

other wise the device does what it does.
    01-04-2011 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD