How Do I un jail brake my phone?

the burnout king

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So i jail broke my phone, and to be honest i dont really care for it... I was wondering how do i take it off?? I installed redsnow.... and i have 4.2.1

Thanks guys!!

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Restore it using iTunes and don't back it up or anything. If that doesn't work, plug it in, turn it off and then put it in DFU mode and follow the prompts on screen. If that doesn't work then idk lol

the burnout king

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
if i try to restore it threw itunes it says,

the iphone could not be restored, this device isnt eligible for the request build..

I dont know what DFU mode is?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
if i try to restore it threw itunes it says,

the iphone could not be restored, this device isnt eligible for the request build..

I dont know what DFU mode is?

Which iPhone and what firmware are you trying to restore to? If it's not 4.2.1, you probably need saved old SHSH files.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You need to restore as new. That means you will have to update (which shouldn't matter since you don't want to be jailbroken). After you've restored as new, you can restore from a backup so that you get all your apps and stuff back without the jailbreak.

the burnout king

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Which iPhone and what firmware are you trying to restore to? If it's not 4.2.1, you probably need saved old SHSH files.

its an iphone 4

i have no idea what old shsh files are.... please help?

Alli.... thats what i tried to do and thats the message it said to me... "the iphone could not be restored, this device isnt eligible for the request build.."

I just want my phone back to normal... thanks guys!

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
What is the name of the file you are trying to restore with? The error message you are getting usually means you are either trying to restore to something other than 4.2.1 or trying to use a firmware file made for a different iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh