HELP! Carrier unlock 4.2.1

algee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have just got an iphone 4 from a friend and need to change it from o2 to vodafone. I have read so many articles and forum posts and blogs that I am now totally confused as to what the exact method is.

I have read that there is no way to do it on 4.2.1 but if i change the os to 4.1 i just need to jailbreak it with limera1n and then download redsn0w using cydia???

Is this the way to do it? As this is my first iphone I am not bothered about what os is on the phone and how fast it goes etc etc, I just want to get it working on vodafone.

Any help would be appreciated.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Once the baseband = possible unlock gets updated, you can never downgrade it even if you can downgrade the firmware. So, the answer is NO.

algee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone want to buy an iphone then?

It's weird thatI have read so much about how to unlock them and it can't actually be done.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
O2? Where are you, UK? I am not sure but don't they unlock off contract phones there, assuming they were even locked in the first place?

That's about your only chance at this time.

aarlene

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You can simply use Remote unlocking service to unlock your i Phone 4!! You can get this unlocking service at reliable online sites like mobile-unlocker.com .Specifying Your phone's manufacture, model,country and network to get your phone unlocked!The steps to unlock is simple here and the unlocking service is affordable!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2