Hello, I have just got an iphone 4 from a friend and need to change it from o2 to vodafone. I have read so many articles and forum posts and blogs that I am now totally confused as to what the exact method is.

I have read that there is no way to do it on 4.2.1 but if i change the os to 4.1 i just need to jailbreak it with limera1n and then download redsn0w using cydia???

Is this the way to do it? As this is my first iphone I am not bothered about what os is on the phone and how fast it goes etc etc, I just want to get it working on vodafone.

Any help would be appreciated.
    01-02-2011 06:28 PM
    Once the baseband = possible unlock gets updated, you can never downgrade it even if you can downgrade the firmware. So, the answer is NO.
    01-02-2011 07:12 PM
    So there is no way to carrier unlock the phone?
    01-02-2011 07:28 PM
    Currently no there is NOT.
    01-02-2011 07:47 PM
    Anyone want to buy an iphone then?

It's weird thatI have read so much about how to unlock them and it can't actually be done.
    01-02-2011 08:19 PM
    O2? Where are you, UK? I am not sure but don't they unlock off contract phones there, assuming they were even locked in the first place?

That's about your only chance at this time.
    01-03-2011 10:00 AM
    You can simply use Remote unlocking service to unlock your i Phone 4!! You can get this unlocking service at reliable online sites like mobile-unlocker.com .Specifying Your phone's manufacture, model,country and network to get your phone unlocked!The steps to unlock is simple here and the unlocking service is affordable!!!!
    05-14-2012 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD