Hi everyone...

I searched and searched, but couldn't come up with an easy answer to this. I just downloaded BiteSMS and I'm in love with it, but I would like to change the icon to the regular green speech-bubble icon that comes standard with the built-in texting. Is there anyway aside from going deep into the bowels of the iPhone and changing codes and things to do this, because I am technologically impared? I don't want an entire theme, just to change the one singular picture!!

Thanks for your help!
    12-30-2010 01:43 AM
    I think there's something called "bitesms to messages icon" or something similar that you can use with Winterboard. Search in Cydia for it.
    12-30-2010 02:13 AM
    thanks, massie! that was surprisingly extremely easy. Now, while I'm on the topic, how do I make an unwanted app icon disappear? I find winterboard themes that make all of them disappear, but that'snot what I want, and I don't know how to manipulate it to my advantage!! I used to have a cydia app that just let you hide them, but i don't remember what it was called!
    12-30-2010 11:22 AM
    You can download Poof from Cydia and it allows you to hide any app icon you want.
    12-30-2010 12:11 PM
    If you have sbsettings go to more > hide icons (poof)
    12-30-2010 12:23 PM
    What about for other apps? Like if I want to change the Messages icon, for example. Also, if I'm using a theme (the one I'm currently using is app icons only), can I still change the icon?

EDIT: Never mind, iFile (and trial and error) FTW
    Last edited by theprince; 03-23-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    03-14-2011 11:42 AM
    OP, use SBsettings to hide unwanted icons.
    03-14-2011 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD