Hi everyone i just got my iphone 3G and i love it, it is unlocked and it is runny 3.1 iOS. it has the Cydia on it, but my questions are can i update it to the iOS 4.2 or will it erase my unlock on it and not work?. my next question is, is that am i able to turn the phone off and then turn it back on and it will be ok like nothing will have happened to it?. cuz i have heard stories about people doing this crazy unlock jailbreak thing to their iphones and then when they turn it off and then back on everything is gone and the phone is useless? if anyone knows the answer my questions pz let me know as i'am used to iPhones thx!
    12-28-2010 01:44 AM
    If you upgrade to 4.2.1 it will erase all your jailbreak info. You will have to rejailbreak again after the upgrade. Also keep in mind that some of the newer OS's will cause an iphone 3G to run horribly slow.
    12-28-2010 01:40 PM
    ok thx so do u think i should just not bother updating it?
    12-28-2010 06:05 PM
    ok thx so do u think i should just not bother updating it?
    Don't update it.
    12-29-2010 02:53 AM
    Nothing in the new iOS is really beneficial to the 3G...it was left off of every major improvement and feature addition, not to mention the unquestionable performance drop you'll see once you do upgrade to iOS 4. Apple really gave no love to the 3G, and made it to where many users simply became irate over the useless upgrade vs. the performance degradation.

Not to mention the re-jailbreaking you'll have to do, for essentially no reason.
    12-29-2010 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD