Do i need att sim card to jailbreak for t-mobile???

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you already unlocked the phone, then it has to be jailbroken already. You cant unlock without jailbreaking the phone first.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well in order for you to install the unlock, it has to be jailbroken, no way around it. What unlock did you install, ultrasn0w? Im not trying to be rude, but it has to be jailbroken already in order to unlock it.

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I wasnt' the one who unlocked it so i don't know. The person who unlocked it told me i could jailbreak it now but need a at&t sims card so idk.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
What carrier was it locked to? What are you using it on?

All present unlocks require jailbreak apps and thus the jailbreak itself. Are you just saying that someone looked at it and said you can jailbreak and unlock?

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
No okay see it was locked. We couldn't get into any of the icons or anything and it gave a message that the phone needed to be unlocked. So my ex took the phone and unlocked it for my son. Now we can get into the phones icons and i put my tmobile sim card in it and it says function failed everytime we try using it to dial out or get on the internet. It was locked to at&t but now i want to use tmobile.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I take that back. Try this. Connect to a wi-fi connection.
From safari (web browser) on the phone. Go to JailbreakMe (www dot jailbreakme dot com).

Try that jailbreak. You might just get lucky and be on an old enough iOS version for that to work. That is the absolute SIMPLEST jailbreak, which would make this whole thing WOLRDS easier.

Last edited:

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh you mean like the screen slide to unlock that requires a password to "unlock"?

That's very different from unlocking to use another carrier.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner