View Poll Results: IF you could not jailbreak anymore would you leave the iPhone?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 22.73%
  • No

32 48.48%
  • Unsure

19 28.79%
    i am so accustomed to having my device tweaked to my liking i'm not sure what i would do

i would have to say at the very least i would see what my other options were..
    12-24-2010 10:30 AM
    I'm unsure. The other platforms just don't stack up.

What's more, the other benefits would still be there. App sharing. My family with iphones. Ease of putting media on, doing backups, updates when i want, etc all through itunes. The selection of apps.

Maybe i'd feel different if the next google Nexus phone has 3.0, similar or better than retina display, etc. This puts me in the unsure camp. But its probably the only android i'd consider (the Nexus S was disappointing). Unless HP/Palm totally surprises me as I have a soft spot for webOS. WP7 doesn't appeal to me.

I'm ok on 4.1 jb. If you weigh what jb gives you vs what little 4.2 gives you, then its a nobrainer. You wait.
    12-24-2010 11:11 AM
    Yes. Only really on apple now because it is a mature platform. The competition out there is looking better and better as time passes.
    12-24-2010 11:37 AM
    I love my iPhone. I wouldn't change at all.
    12-24-2010 11:53 AM
    I love my iPhone. I wouldn't change at all.
    Me to I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    12-24-2010 02:34 PM
    iOS without a jailbreak is still better than what most of the competition offers.
    12-24-2010 02:38 PM
    Consider all "UNSURE" votes as "NO"s. Even those who voted "YES" are unlikely to actually follow through.
    12-24-2010 03:18 PM
    I would be unsure although the stock iOS is so much better than the other platforms in my opinion. I would probably just use my phone less and increase the use of my iPad. So I probably wouldn't switch but the diff is JB gives me the option of customizing my phone. If I lost that and another phone came around I would easily switch.
    12-24-2010 03:45 PM
    Yep , Id leave.

My iphone , which is of course jailbroken, does everything I need and more.

If I was unable to jailbreak the phone would be incredibly boring. As far as what I would go to? I have no idea. Maybe check out a win7 phone or something but nothing else really catches my eye. Maybe the upcoming playstation phone/app or whatever it may be.
    12-24-2010 04:15 PM
    i probably wouldnt leave but i wouldnt be as happy with my phone
    12-24-2010 07:49 PM
    I left my iPhone for an EVO 4G. I know I'm in the minority on this forum and I dont want to start a flame war, but I thank the stars every day that I did. It was a 3G and was definitely the best option when I bought it, but man you wanna talk about heartburn....
    12-24-2010 08:45 PM
    iOS without a jailbreak is still better than what most of the competition offers.
    For sure!!!!
    12-25-2010 07:13 AM
    I'm waiting for a great dual core Android handset to land on ATT. Until then I've been playing extensively with iphone, having come from BB and being bored with it. For me jb makes an iphone bearable, if I couldn't I wouldn't be even playing with one as I find it entirely too limited. I will say that if iphone5 brings the heat and ATT doesn't get a great Android handset I'd actually get an iphone. It would have to include the following:

IPS screen perhaps in multiple size offerings, I'll take a 4.3" a la Evo or even a 4.5" with Gorilla Glass, dual camera flashes and a better antennae design. Better notifications system with an LED and customizations throughout including widgets and larger folder capacities plus real multi-tasking. For the spec slore in me dual core CPU's with a high end GPU, perhaps Samsung's forthcoming Orion which should allow for full 1080p recording and playback; 1.5-2 GB RAM; 128GB+ ROM and maybe even expandable through microsdhc; better rear and front facing cameras without the WiFi limit for FFC; HDMI out; Adobe Flash option for the browser; larger battery; louder speakers and a partridge in a pear tree.
    12-25-2010 09:46 PM
    If I could keep the unlock, maybe I'd stay. Otherwise no
    12-27-2010 02:56 PM
    I would stay. Heck sometimes I rock my phone stock just because I like how solid and stable iOS is. While I am the first to say that there are a lot of perks to using Android I just can't go from the polish of iOS to Android. Had I never got used to it I am sure I would be singing Android's praises and bashing iPhone's.
    12-27-2010 04:33 PM
    Absolutely!!!

I would not stand all the limitations.

Although, once the WebOS tablet arrives I will leave my IPad to my girlfriend, the IOS multitasking is crap. Sorry to say about a nice piece of harddware.

A PalmPre with WebOS phone owner
    12-27-2010 04:54 PM
    if we do not see an untethered jailbreak after the public release of 4.3, i will start to worry about the future of jailbreaking
    01-20-2011 10:04 AM
    A stock iPhone is great and all but the jailbreak is what keeps my attention -- So I'm unsure.

More than likely I'd probably have to have a second device that allowed more customization options.
    01-20-2011 11:38 AM
    I love all my jailbreak options, but when I first got my iPhone 4 it wasn't jailbroken and I didn't jailbreak until 4.2.1, I could live with stock, it just wouldn't be "as convenient", but still be as useful.
    01-20-2011 12:12 PM
    Not on your nelly. I Love my iPhone. it goes to bed with me.
    01-21-2011 03:53 AM
    I would hate to lose the jailbreak, but like most have said the stock iPhone 4 is still a superb handset straight out of the box and it appears every generation of iPhone gets better, so I probably would stick.

Plus right now those jumbo Androids arent appealing to me, functionality wise and looks.
    01-21-2011 07:58 AM
    No, I wont. Before i did the JB, I was already enjoying the iPhone by itself. It is a great phone in itself.
    01-21-2011 08:17 AM
    Well JB is a bonus to customize for me, without JB, i think iPhone is still much better compare to other phone.
    01-21-2011 11:34 AM
    Not on your nelly. I Love my iPhone. it goes to bed with me.
    pics, or it didn't happen!
    01-21-2011 05:12 PM
    No unlock would be ok. If I buy a subsidised phone, and therefore pay less it is only fair to not unlock it.
    However Jailbreaking is my right ! I own the phone and my doing so does not dmage the carrier who invested money in my phone to have me on contract for a period of time.
    01-22-2011 03:37 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD