IF you could not jailbreak anymore would you leave the iPhone?

IF you could not jailbreak anymore would you leave the iPhone?

• Total voters

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am so accustomed to having my device tweaked to my liking i'm not sure what i would do

i would have to say at the very least i would see what my other options were..

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm unsure. The other platforms just don't stack up.

What's more, the other benefits would still be there. App sharing. My family with iphones. Ease of putting media on, doing backups, updates when i want, etc all through itunes. The selection of apps.

Maybe i'd feel different if the next google Nexus phone has 3.0, similar or better than retina display, etc. This puts me in the unsure camp. But its probably the only android i'd consider (the Nexus S was disappointing). Unless HP/Palm totally surprises me as I have a soft spot for webOS. WP7 doesn't appeal to me.

I'm ok on 4.1 jb. If you weigh what jb gives you vs what little 4.2 gives you, then its a nobrainer. You wait.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Only really on apple now because it is a mature platform. The competition out there is looking better and better as time passes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would be unsure although the stock iOS is so much better than the other platforms in my opinion. I would probably just use my phone less and increase the use of my iPad. So I probably wouldn't switch but the diff is JB gives me the option of customizing my phone. If I lost that and another phone came around I would easily switch.

aimetti

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Yep , Id leave.

My iphone , which is of course jailbroken, does everything I need and more.

If I was unable to jailbreak the phone would be incredibly boring. As far as what I would go to? I have no idea. Maybe check out a win7 phone or something but nothing else really catches my eye. Maybe the upcoming playstation phone/app or whatever it may be.

Airwolf

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I left my iPhone for an EVO 4G. I know I'm in the minority on this forum and I dont want to start a flame war, but I thank the stars every day that I did. It was a 3G and was definitely the best option when I bought it, but man you wanna talk about heartburn....

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm waiting for a great dual core Android handset to land on ATT. Until then I've been playing extensively with iphone, having come from BB and being bored with it. For me jb makes an iphone bearable, if I couldn't I wouldn't be even playing with one as I find it entirely too limited. I will say that if iphone5 brings the heat and ATT doesn't get a great Android handset I'd actually get an iphone. It would have to include the following:

IPS screen perhaps in multiple size offerings, I'll take a 4.3" a la Evo or even a 4.5" with Gorilla Glass, dual camera flashes and a better antennae design. Better notifications system with an LED and customizations throughout including widgets and larger folder capacities plus real multi-tasking. For the spec slore in me dual core CPU's with a high end GPU, perhaps Samsung's forthcoming Orion which should allow for full 1080p recording and playback; 1.5-2 GB RAM; 128GB+ ROM and maybe even expandable through microsdhc; better rear and front facing cameras without the WiFi limit for FFC; HDMI out; Adobe Flash option for the browser; larger battery; louder speakers and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I would stay. Heck sometimes I rock my phone stock just because I like how solid and stable iOS is. While I am the first to say that there are a lot of perks to using Android I just can't go from the polish of iOS to Android. Had I never got used to it I am sure I would be singing Android's praises and bashing iPhone's.

HakanO

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely!!!

I would not stand all the limitations.

Although, once the WebOS tablet arrives I will leave my IPad to my girlfriend, the IOS multitasking is crap. Sorry to say about a nice piece of harddware.

A PalmPre with WebOS phone owner

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if we do not see an untethered jailbreak after the public release of 4.3, i will start to worry about the future of jailbreaking

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
A stock iPhone is great and all but the jailbreak is what keeps my attention -- So I'm unsure.

More than likely I'd probably have to have a second device that allowed more customization options.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I love all my jailbreak options, but when I first got my iPhone 4 it wasn't jailbroken and I didn't jailbreak until 4.2.1, I could live with stock, it just wouldn't be "as convenient", but still be as useful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR