re-jailbreaking

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
i guess i just cant find what i'm looking for with the search function.

here's the deal.
i'm running jailbreakme on 4.0.2 on my iPhone 4.

i dont care for 4.2 but i do want 4.1.
when i open cydia it shows what i was led to believe are all my shsh blobs. 4.1, 4.2b, etc. are saved on sauriks server (is that right?).

when i open tinyumbrella it only shows my original backup.

if my blobs are saved, which i assume they are. what are my next steps??

please help a noob out.:):)

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you tell TU to recheck? Check that you have the latest TU, and check settings on it to see if it will pull through cydia. If you are listed on cydia it should pull them down.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Also what OS are you running? the next step would be to get the 4.1 ipsw and either Redsn0w or pwnage tool to cook up a custom ipsw.

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
ok. update.
i got all my shsh's saved on cydia and TU.

now.
whats the next best way to go about this?

should i upgrade and restore all the way up to 4.2 and then downgrade back to 4.1 and then limerain it?

or

can i simply upgrade/restore up to 4.1 and use limerain without having to downgrade?

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd use sn0wbreeze to build a custom 4.1 ipsw then dfu mode and shift click restore in iTunes and point to the custom built 4.1 ipsw.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
ok. update.
i got all my shsh's saved on cydia and TU.

now.
whats the next best way to go about this?

should i upgrade and restore all the way up to 4.2 and then downgrade back to 4.1 and then limerain it?

or

can i simply upgrade/restore up to 4.1 and use limerain without having to downgrade?

Just download the 4.1 stock firmware. You find it on here: iphoneheat.com/2010/09/download-ios-4-1-firmware-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/. Just make sure you get the one for iPhone 4 (iPhone3,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw). When you download it, first you need to modify your hosts file on your computer to trick iTunes into looking at Cydias server for the 4.1 signature.

So, in Notepad, open the file:
"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (on Windows)" or "/etc/hosts (on Mac OS X)" and add "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to the bottom of the file, without the quotes. Then go to File, save. Then close the file.

Note: If you're on Windows and it doesn't let you save the host file, you can try disabling UAC, or go to File, Save As, and save the hosts files as "hosts" and select your desktop as the destination. Close the host file, then copy the hosts file from the desktop, and paste it in the location of the original host file and press Yes to replace.

Now what you need to do is go into iTunes, sync your phone to back it up. When it's done, hold shift, click Restore to restore the phone, and navigate to the location on your harddrive where you saved the stock 4.1 firmware file. Press ok. If for some reason the phone is stuck in recovery mode after it's done restoring or gives an error, don't worry, the restore is completed. Just use tiny umbrella to kick the phone out of recovery mode.

Then restore your phone from your backup and sync all of your media back to the phone. Then jailbreak with your choice of either Limera1n or Greenpois0n. Good luck!;)

Last edited:

h22artman

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
after i backed the phone up, i followed these directions: iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/09/08/downgrade-iphone-ios-4-1/

worked like a charm.

restored as new, re-broke with limera1n, and then reloaded the old backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh