Have some questions for you guys and girls, I'll start by telling you I have an Iphone 4 on 4.2.1 and tethered jailbreak with redsn0w. Two days ago I had 2 Cydia package updates, don't remember which ones, and I updated. I looked down once as it was updating and saw installing open SSL installing. After the update I looked at my installed packages and found a bunch of things I never had before ie, PAM (apple), Profile Directory, sed, readline, LZMA Utils, Diff Utilities, and Darwin Tools just to name a few. So now to my questions, why are all of these packages installed on my phone now? If I can delete the ones I didn't download how do I know which ones are safe to remove? Is this a sign that my phone has a virus? I sure hope this is not a problem because I might have to jump back to team pure. Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by mdpatsfan; 12-22-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    12-22-2010 05:24 PM
    This is nothing be alarmed about. Those are utilities that your phone needs to run certain tweaks, hacks, and other things. Leave them be, they are perfectly fine
    12-23-2010 09:34 AM
    maybe your download was one of the first and cydia probably needed those as they are default cydia tools needed
    12-23-2010 03:57 PM
    No this wasn't the first update Cydia has done. I have had Cydia installed for 4 weeks now. Thanks for the reply.
    12-23-2010 09:58 PM
    Cydia isn't one package, it is a whole collection of stuff that it needs to work.
    12-24-2010 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD